very reliable reseller?

Hi there,

Been looking around and i found a few, but i really need your recommendations (linux based). I also put down my requirements at hostvoice.com and got 5 different hosts namely, hostgator, carthost,jaguarpc,accuburst,cihost.

-Ive read the critics on accuburst so theyre out of question.
    -Cihost dont offer reseller packages.

Basically what im looking for in a reseller are the following :

- Very fast customer support even during wekeends or late night. ( i mean under 3hours response time always)
    - excellent uptime.

I mailed the rest of the hosts listed above, and its been over 4hrs or so with no response.(being a sunday i guess).

So if you have good experience with any host who are extremely fast with their support as mentioned above, and have great uptime, pls let me know.

naqi

Take a look at Site5 and Sonet7 (Sonet7 has telephone support), both resellers use the Liquid Web datacenter.
    FlaNative

Quote Originally Posted by jonathancoach
    - Very fast customer support even during wekeends or late night. ( i mean under 3hours response time always)
    - excellent uptime.
    Check Sonataweb.net they are superb when it comes to response time and they also have excellent uptime.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

well neogen thanks for the reply. i read your review too . i contacted them and they were quite fast.
    Anyone else with opinions on sonataweb or other hosts?

Because of some server load issues at Site5, I may switch to Sonataweb shortly. They have an excellent reputation on WHT.

Take a look at this special.
    FlaNative

Check out Dotable.com. Not really reseller account, but can do, if all you need is to host multiple sites. Stable, and you probably don't even need to touch support

Hrmph, I personally responded to that quote within the first 5 minutes it arrived.

Perhaps they delay the quote service.

i got your response carthost, sorry i did not categorize it separately above.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathancoach
    - excellent uptime.

I mailed the rest of the hosts listed above, and its been over 4hrs or so with no response.(being a sunday i guess).
    Sales / Pre-sales are not always as fast as support. I cannot give out any comments about the hosts in your list, cause I dont use their services. You can make a search on board. However, check out
    - Cyberwurx: we are colocating servers there. the support is fast, usually within 5 minutes
    - Idologic: colocating in Cyberwurx as well. So I know they are in a great network. You can make a search as well to see good comments about them
    - Fluid Hosting: dont use their services, but again, make a search

good luck with your researching

1stop4hosting

there really good, you have to email them about it first they dont directly advertise it.

When looking for a highly reliable reseller provider I would make sure their servers meet some minimum requirements like having RAID5, full remote off-site backups, good server load times as well as an active customer community and a responsive support team to name a few.

I would also ensure that the provider doesn't oversell their services and that they don't offer ridiculous amounts of disk space and bandwidth for a very low price because this is what causes poor server load times etc. in the first place.

The search tool at WHT is a fantastic resource when researching potential providers

- Chris
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

minimum requirements like having RAID5
    RAID5 is abit Beefy IMO. RAID1 should work fine IMO. + the extra drive can kick in in case one harddisk dies too

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    RAID5 is abit Beefy IMO. RAID1 should work fine IMO. + the extra drive can kick in in case one harddisk dies too
    The main problem with using RAID1 is that it has a far greater performance impact than RAID5. This is especially true for database activity etc. What is more, running RAID5 with Hot-Swappable SCSI drives provides a fantastic solution, in my opinion. That being said, RAID5 is a more costly solution to implement since you need a minimum of three disks in the array compared to just two with a RAID1 setup.

- Chris
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

well i might be going with polurnet.com . they have a good response time and no negative feedback so far. i also like their 8 GB Space / 120 GB Bandwith plan.

Anyone have any final suggestions of hosts who really have fast ticket support / live support?

thanks.

The main problem with using RAID1 is that it has a far greater performance impact than RAID5.
    I probably need education then. Last someone thought me, RAID1 is slower to write to but faster to read from, making its performance really subjective, depending on what kind of application is being run.

RAID5 however, is slower because you need to calculate the parity bit. + if a harddisk fail, you need someone on standby as the other disks can't function (unless the parity disk breaks). Still, you need to recalculate the info, taking up system resources.

But all these I looked in theory, might be someone who's actually done it can tell me otherwise

RAID 1: http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/...eLevel1-c.html
    RAID 5: http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/...eLevel5-c.html

Looks to me like each has its advantages.

RAID5 however, is slower because you need to calculate the parity bit. + if a harddisk fail, you need someone on standby as the other disks can't function (unless the parity disk breaks).
    RAID5 distributes the parity data on all the drives and the system can still function in the case of one drive's failure. Performance is affected though while the system is in this situation.

RAID5 distributes the parity data on all the drives and the system can still function in the case of one drive's failure. Performance is affected though while the system is in this situation.
    Lol, sorry, I got confused. So many RAID levels. However, if you still need to calculat the parity bit for every write, wouldn't it slow down the system? Then again, you split the file up and write to different disks, oh well, I suppose it all makes sense now

That is what a quailty raid controller is for

The Intel, Adaptec, LSI, 3ware(i.e. higher end raid cards) have their own CPUsto handle this so it does not have an adverse effect on the server, that being said, I use raid1 on most webservers and db servers but have raid5 in a number of mailservers.