need help picking a host

Hi everyone,

I was hoping I could get some help with picking a webhost .. it seems like there's so many options out there. Just a few recommendations would be nice.

I'm a graphic design student and I need a place for my portfolio, which will take up a considerable amount of space. I also need a place for my personal website & journal, so I will need subdomains. There's a list of my requirements below, and I'm trying to find a good price. I realize that sometimes cheaper isn't always better, but I'm somewhat of a bargain shopper.

200-300 MB
    20-30 GB of BW
    Up to 5 subdomains & email
    MySQL
    (I prefer CPanel)

Hello and welcome on WHT!

Have you browsed yet the Offers SubForum?

Then pick a bunch of hosting companies, and ask questions, both here and to their sales dept.

Good Luck!
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

Have you tryed the search button here on WHT forums? For that much of bandwidth monthly i would suggest a reseller account, but then the price will jump.

if you are building up a portfolio then i suggest you put "add-on domains" to your requirements too.
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

If you are considering having multiple domains I would suggest going with Dathorn's Internet Services and getting their $13/month plan. I've been with them for almost two years now and have less problems with them than any other host I've tried.

http://dathorn.com/

I'd also recommend you doing a search on Dathorn and any other companies you consider using WHT search function.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Hi girlintheworld, welcome to WHT!
    Your needs are rather modest, and there sholuld be no problem finding a host meeting them. But you should be careful to avoid the bad apples - there are plenty of those in this over-saturated market where hosts try to cut costs by outsourcing support to India etc....

I always advice people to look around themselves for hosts with good customer reputation, you can even search here on WHT as a start. I don't think you need to spend more than $7-10 per month.
    Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic