Lightbulb People Pics on Main Sites

While this isn't probably the most urgent question, it probably is something that affects a lot of web hosting businesses.

Tongs of web hosts have pictures of people on their sites. My questions is: does that help in any way?

My opinion is that it doesnt, the pictures look too generic. A smart person would realize that the pictures are probably built-in to whatever site-builder is being used, and you want your customers to be smart people.

Also, as I look through more web host sites, the pictures just get annoying, I have no idea who he/she is, and they always have fake smiles. Some people may say that it has a subconscious effect, I don't. A picture is just a picture, I think live chat would go alot farther to make your business seem more "human".

What's your opinion, do you think pictures of people on main sites help? Or not? Please tell, I'm going to see if I can make a poll about this in another forum so that potential customers can give their opinions.

P.S. In case you're wondering, I do not yet own a web hosting business, however, I do hope to start one soon, currently I'm just building up info. to help me start.

Personally, I don't like seeing generic photos. They don't add anything useful to me. But they wouldn't be a deciding factor for me either way. The content, the packages, the cleanness of the design, and reviews by clients all carry more weight than photos.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." Theodore Roosevelt

I like seeing GOOD stock photography, but too many webhosts use horrible, free images that are far too common. Agencies such as GettyImages, although more expensive, tend to house images which can actually relate to the average host.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com