Have i choosen a good name???

Im obviously not asking people to rate my website (cause obviously this is the wrong part of the forum to do this), what im asking is, is the name i have choosen for my company a good one???

XZube Hosting http://www.xzubehosting.co.uk

At this stage im 100% sure i can get to the top of google search results if someone was to type in that exact phrase "xzube hosting" the problem over time will obviously be getting it to the top of the phrase "cheap uk web hosting" which will be near on impossible i should think!

Comments...

What really makes a good name? Everyone is going to have their own tastes... some will like it, some will not.

As long as it's easy to say and read... you should be fine. Personally, XZube Hosting just doesn't sound right when I say it to myself, but that's just my opinion.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Hello! What does it mean? I'm curious
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

What does google mean?

What does yahoo mean?

What does godaddy mean?

A name doesn't have to mean anything, but as long as it's memorable it can be a great domain. On the other hand, non-intuitive letter combinations make the brand much less outstanding and harder to imprint

I don't like the name. It is too hard to remember. A couple minutes after posting this post I will probably forget the name. You want a brand name that I will remember for much longer. Try going for something a bit shorter, and don't stick in letters at the beginning. Really the X at the beginning makes it hard to remember. ZubeHosting (though it may already be taken) is much easier to remember. I'd get a different name!
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting

As long as you can pronounce your name, i think that the name is a minor factor in your business.

A good name will get you NO-WHERE in hosting. Some of the biggest hosts have boring names (e.g. 1and1, site5). The key is in what you offer and how you market it.
    Andrew Thomas

"What does google mean?"

I know you're trying to make a point but...

Google comes from the word googol meaning he number 10 raised to the power 100, written out as the numeral 1 followed by 100 zeros.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

I think that the name of the brand can matter a lot! It isn't as important as other factors, but considering that all domain names (generally) cost the same; I would go for something that is a lot easier to remember!
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by etechsupport2
    njean, it is quite simple, you like your name "njean" but not necessary that all people are going to like it. I think Pat H is right.
    I only asked if there's a story behind the name, because I am curious as hell

I'm pretty sure that Yahoo, Google and GoDaddy are named like that for a reason.

edit: oh btw, all 3 posts were posted at the sime time, I was referring to the domain name when I said "what does it mean"
    Last edited by njean; 12-09-2005 at 11:40 AM.
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowHosting
    I think that the name of the brand can matter a lot! It isn't as important as other factors, but considering that all domain names (generally) cost the same; I would go for something that is a lot easier to remember!

True, the brand image of a company is vital. It's reputation and what the name stands for is what makes a business.
    However, don't get caught up on it. The business name is irrelevant- its what you reputation you give your name.
    Just because i call my business "The best webhosting Inc" doesn't immeadiatly mean that i've got a good brand image.

Just remember- your companys brand name is what you make it- not what you call it.
    Andrew Thomas

if this YOUR name, It is GOOD name.

My name is the best for me because i select it, if you select it, make it a real brand.
    Kind regards

i spose my name came from wanting the word Cube in a domain name... and the word hosting is there for obvious reason, to identify what im selling and for seo issues.

Of course the name cube was a bit too general and ever since being introduced to the web ive always thought names with z's or x's are kinda cool (silly i know).

So i went for XZube Hosting which is pronounced Ex-zube.... it rolls of the tongue quite well i think.... a bit like exuberant meaning:

Full of unrestrained enthusiasm or joy.
    Lavish; extravagant.
    Extreme in degree, size, or extent.
    Growing, producing, or produced abundantly; plentiful.

Which ties in quite nicely with what my hosting company is going to be about...

Quote Originally Posted by sabian1982
    i spose my name came from wanting the word Cube in a domain name... and the word hosting is there for obvious reason, to identify what im selling and for seo issues.

Of course the name cube was a bit too general and ever since being introduced to the web ive always thought names with z's or x's are kinda cool (silly i know).

So i went for XZube Hosting which is pronounced Ex-zube.... it rolls of the tongue quite well i think.... a bit like exuberant meaning:

Full of unrestrained enthusiasm or joy.
    Lavish; extravagant.
    Extreme in degree, size, or extent.
    Growing, producing, or produced abundantly; plentiful.

Which ties in quite nicely with what my hosting company is going to be about...

Thats quite a nice way of looking at it .
    I like the way you can to that name.
    Now, forget the name itself, and build a brand around it.
    Andrew Thomas

I personally am not keen on the name, i find it hard to remember, hard to say to someone and ti doesnt really stick in my mind - infact ive already forgotton it and im only at the bottom of the page!

However i do like the way you look at it as said by thomas7

I think once you have built a business around the name however it wont really matter, and it being a different name may stick out in the end .... for example i always mix up leaseweb and liquidweb - dont know if anyone else finds this?

I'm not nuts about it because if I tell someone to go to your site (verbally) they could end up at any of the following:

exzoob
    Xzoob
    xzoub
    etc...

Google, yahoo, godaddy, site5, rackspace, all names that are easy to remember and hard to mispell.

Quote Originally Posted by tke71709
    I'm not nuts about it because if I tell someone to go to your site (verbally) they could end up at any of the following:

exzoob
    Xzoob
    xzoub
    etc...

Google, yahoo, godaddy, site5, rackspace, all names that are easy to remember and hard to mispell.
    I agree with what you are saying, but I would also say that google and yahoo have become such common words that they are easy to spell.
    Think about google. googl? gogle? guegel? guegal?

OK, so maybe a bit extreme, but if you are popular enough you can make people remember your name.
    But definatly, as you said, having a good word to start with helps.
    Andrew Thomas

Really, it's not what anyone else thinks. If you like it, that's all that matters.

There are advantages of having an "easy to remember" name, and not. It's how you advertise and promote it. Then will it catch on?

I would suggest to refrain from using "cheap" alot. "Competitive" is a much better word.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoboffin
    I would suggest to refrain from using "cheap" alot. "Competitive" is a much better word.
    I agree to some degree to what your saying and other people/friends etc have occasionally given the same comment. The big thing is if you were searching for 'affordable uk web hosting' would the first phase that comes into your head be 'cheap uk web hosting'?

I mean thats what id type if i wanted that... its the most obvious word... i would however be interested to see how many times that key phrase is used on google and other search engines... any suggestions on where i could that sort of information???

Yes it is true. Even I first wrote "cheap" in most of my sentences, then eventually I got sick of the word cheap. Cheap really does sound cheap ya'know.

I doubt you'll get into the top 20 in search engines for using the word "cheap" unless you intend to pay Google or Yahoo. You could always use cheap in your meta tags instead.

i havent really ever put my seo techniques to much use... well not against major competition, although i know what im doing, so this will be the test. i agree i wont get onto any of the search engines first pages, or second or third etc... so i will probably be looking at some advertising with google and/or yahoo. Plus the usually submission to hosting directories and review sites etc.

Thats one of the reasons ive started the seo process now... the site isnt quite complete yet and hosting isnt ready yet but at least i can start preparing for the big launch day.

Ive also just added an email reminder thingy on the site so i can potentially get people to come back once im launched!!! Do we think this is a good or a bad idea?

Looks like Neoboffin and i are going to be competitors! :p

I like xzube.

Names with hard consonants seem to leave more of an impression. Plus the name starts out hard and ends up melodic. It's short. And unique. And sounds like "exude" (To exhibit in abundance) when you pronounce it -- which is kinda cool.

My all time favorite name is Shpongle...
    Unfortunately, that's taken by a very cool chill-trance group.

Unless your getting seen, you won't get subscribers. But, overall it is a good idea for potentional customers. Time to spread the word..

i only bought the domain name 2 days ago... its not quite going to be in the search engines yet lol :p