42U or 45U Cabinets under $500? Pictures of properly setup Relay racks?

Hi, I have been looking on eBay and also Google trying to find 42U or 45U cabinets that retail for $500 or below, however have not had good luck finding a place where I can have a constant reliable supply.
    I do not want to go to eBay and have to dig for auctions every time I need new cabinets.

What are my options for 4 post racks with sides, or enclosed cabinets?
    I'd like to avoid large shipping costs so if it makes much of a differance, my colo space is in Houston Texas.

I am also interested in the relay rack option however I am having a hard time imagining how 35 1RU servers plus a switch will look good and/or organized in a relay rack, if anyone has pictures of a proper setup that would be wonderful.

Well, if you're considering relay racks (which can work well, especially with center mount equipment), do you really need an enclosed cabinet? You can save a lot of cash by foregoing the sides. This is especially true if you've got your own cage, in which case you can just lock the cage and have all the safety you need.
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Do you know where I can find 0U shelves?

NewServers Utility Hosting
    http://www.newservers.com
    Low Hourly Billing for Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by smueller
    Yep, I highly recommend them
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

open 4 post racks

I've never understood why should someone go with a 2 post rack over an open 4 post rack for servers. Sure a 2 post rack is slightly cheaper BUT in most cases you need either special rails for the servers (which cost more $$$$ in the end than an open 4 post rack).

Racksolutions.com sells open 4 post racks that are less than $500.00. They are also located in Greenville, Texas

If you are looking for an 2 post rack I'm assuming that security is not an issue. Why go for an enclosed 4 post rack? You''ll get better air circulation
    Last edited by empoweri; 12-09-2005 at 03:34 PM.
    Larry Ludwig
    Empowering Media
    HostCube - Proactively Managed Xen based VPSes
    Empowering Media - The Dev Null Blog