hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Offers & Requests : Profitable MMORPG Money-Making Website [For Sale]

Forum Jump

Profitable MMORPG Money-Making Website [For Sale]

Reply Post New Thread In Other Offers & Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru

1. Your username? VG_KING
2. URL(s) of site? http://www.egamingsupply.com
3. Age of site? 1 week.
4. Approximately monthly page views and/or unique visitors? N/A - I haven't put anything on it to tell that information!
5. How does the site generate income? How much? $1.32 - See down below.
6. Who develops content and administers the site? How much time does it require? Buyer will manage the site, obviously.
7. What is the monthly cost of running the site? Hosting fees, and whatever fees you want to pay for (game fees, etc)
8. Reason for selling? NO MONEY, and no time now.
9. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner? Yes, absolutely.
10. Does the site have an ezine or newsletter? Number of subscribers? No.
11. What all does the site include? Everything as shown and a MMORPG account for FFXI. (Final Fantasy XI)

Notes:
This thread is for the sale of a new website I have recently launched titled eGaming Supply - Electronic Gaming Supply. I think that the domain and company name alone has potential. It is a great use for the kind of service currently being provided.

What the site provides are MMORPG services: right now the sale of virtual currency, items, and accounts for video games. The site includes everything as shown. I really didn't want to sell it because this can be a huge money maker.

This site is uniquely designed by myself. Buyer will receive the PSD files also! Everything at the moment is PHP - very easy to edit. Most of it is in standard HTML but I put in sitewide effects so if you edit one file, the whole menu would change throughout the site, etc etc.

A little effort with Google Ads or any type of advertising can give you extreme results. You can earn THOUSANDS of dollars per month easily. In fact, I am including an FFXI (Final Fantasy XI) account on the Carbuncle server to aid you in this service!

This included bonus is over a $500. The character is LVL 55 carrying 40,000,000 gil. I'm including this to the buyer so they can have something to start selling. You see, this is what your industry is all about: the sale of virtual items, and in this case, gil is the virtual currency for FFXI.

Please click here to view how much money you'll be making with the gil included. Just put that link in a few advertisements and you will earn money with ease!

Many gamers now are using Google's search engine to buy virtual currency, accounts, and items. This is a great start for a new company wishing to go into this business, or if you want to save yourself some time, you can just sell what I have in the bonus and have referral links throughout the site (like there is now) to make money easily in affiliate programs with sites selling the same service!

12. Asking price for the site? $800 - I am open to offers via PM ONLY.

PayPal only. This is a great buy and an easy money-maker. If you have any questions regarding what the site is / what services it has to offer...visit:
- IGE
- MOGS
- Your Virtual Seller

*The companies listed above make thousands of dollars (USD$) PER DAY. Imagine those figures going to you!

---
P.S. I tried using Google AdWords and I have already made $1.32 from someone using one of the referral links on the site and buying from MOGS. MOGS currently pays affiliates 11% of the total sale. My referral spent $11.99 thus earning me an easy $1.32!

Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 12-09-2005 at 12:30 PM. Reason: By request

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Quote:
4. Approximately monthly page views and/or unique visitors? N/A - I haven't put anything on it to tell that information!
5. How does the site generate income? How much? N/A - Hasn't yet.
Care to explain your misleading advertising? Or do you not know the difference between money-making and potential?

Is your company represented?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Site Doesn't load

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes
Care to explain your misleading advertising? Or do you not know the difference between money-making and potential?
Well that sure was rude!

According to Webster, Profitable means-
Function: adjective
yielding advantageous returns or result

The site is very profitable if you know what you're doing. I don't have the time or the money to keep up with the site.

@nexelhost:
The site loads for me! :|
Was it down? O.O

Old

But its not currently makeing money, how can you then say it do make money.. Come on..

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Your understanding of English is definitely questionable. You say that the website is profitable but the fact that 'haven't put anything on it' doesn't justify what you said. What channels are the revenue coming from then? This is a real business world. The buyers here are paying money to buy a profitable website, not a website with potential to be profitable. You see the difference between the two?

Old

VG_King,

Sorry, but I have to agree with Artashes.

Your quoting the definition is proving his point - the word
Quote:
yielding
is a present tense verb as used in your example.

I too, interpret this to imply that the site you're advertising is currently making money.

Old
Senior Tech Consultant

You can only be profitable if you are making money..and then only if you are making more then you spend. Obviously since this is a brand new site with no traffic (or none that you can prove) it's NOT profitable.

Now if you said "POTENTIALLY profitable", we'd be willing to cut you some slack..lol.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Now that we've defined profitable and know that this site isn't, I'm going to toss out a bid of $50 to get things rolling. I know that it's less than the $800 you were hoping for, but I also know that the profit is less than what I was hoping for, too.

Michael

P.S. Profit is defined as the residual value gained from business operations.

Integrity and professionalism in domain name appraisal.

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfielden
Now that we've defined profitable and know that this site isn't, I'm going to toss out a bid of $50 to get things rolling. I know that it's less than the $800 you were hoping for, but I also know that the profit is less than what I was hoping for, too.

Michael

P.S. Profit is defined as the residual value gained from business operations.
Thanks for your ... bid. >_<
Uhh...I don't think I'll be accepting it though because the account coming with it alone is worth around $200-$500, and the virtual currency on the character is worth in that range also.

By profitable, I meant that the site has a definate value and great money-making potential. If you use Google AdWords to advertise this site in, you'll definately receive customers.

And I am English! I am a US Verified PayPal account holder. I contacted a moderator to edit my post, which they did thankfully, to help some of the confusion.

If you any questions I will be more than happy to answer them!
If you are looking for an auction, I will start this entire package off for $150 with a BIN of $800.

Thanks, and I really am sorry for any confusion. This is a last minute idea of mine. I really didn't want to sell this site but I have to because I was just scammed over vBulletin licenses from that Jose guy that was lurking around here. >.>

Thanks, and my apologies again.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Isn't selling in game items and currency out-of-game for real money against the TOS for the game? Thus making a site like what you are offering illegal?

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utaria-Aaron
Isn't selling in game items and currency out-of-game for real money against the TOS for the game? Thus making a site like what you are offering illegal?
Nope. IGE and similar sites have been doing it for years. How? A law passed by President Bill Clinton.

You'll notice every site including IGE has a Terms of Service link at the bottom. Please read the one on eGaming Supply for more information.

Plus, you are merely selling your time in the exchange of virtual currency. Your time is money.

But please do read the terms of service at the bottom of IGE, eGaming Supply, and MOGS.

Thanks.

Old
Junior Guru

Still for sale! :|
Someone start it with $150, please!

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I did start it at $50 and you laughed in my face. I'll keep it at $50 to at least get you started.

Michael

Integrity and professionalism in domain name appraisal.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Arvixe Partners with SiteWit to Help Customers Get Found Online Web Hosting News 2014-09-17 16:40:32
Know When to Hold Them, When to Fold Them: HR and Employees Blog 2013-12-20 15:39:56
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - November 1, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:41
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - August 23, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:50
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - April 19, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:10