Thread: Chat Support

Chat Support

Hi, please excuse me if this is the wrong area, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, I'm going to be rather vague here, but I'd like to keep all details of my project secret still. Not that it's top secret, but you know what I mean.

I was just wondering if the hosting companies out there wouldn't mind answering something, or any other companies for that matter.

Do you provide support via chat? Does this feature need to be on your site or would you be willing to have it located somewhere else? And if it is more convenient for a client/user to use the other location, would you be interested in that service?

Thanks

No, I do not have live chat. Would I want it on the home page? No If for lets say the client logged in our help center or modernbil to communicate via live chat I would be all up for it.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

We do provide Live Support using a modifed copy of Help Center Live (http://www.helpcenterlive.com) and it's on all of our pages... which I suppose makes it easier for clients to use.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

I recommend:

Free: Crafty Syntax Live Help
    Commercial: StarDevelop Live Help Messenger

Both are quality products.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel74
    I recommend:

Free: Crafty Syntax Live Help
    Commercial: StarDevelop Live Help Messenger

Both are quality products.
    Did you even read the post?

Thanks for the replies so far. I'd like as much feedback as possible.

We use Stardevelop Livehelp, but most customers never use it.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Try phpOnline It's free.

Cheers,
    Beruska
    Flash Live & VoD Streaming solutions 4 All.
    RTMP, HTML5, RTSP

support chat is very time-leeching, because you need to be on very often, otherwise your customers will see the "support offline" icon and maybe think your support is not very active or so..

The only way of support, for me, it's forum AND ticket/email based!
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

Many web hosting companies provides live chat support and there are many web based chat applications as you can see above. If you provide live chat support - the best part is to keep the live chat button somewhere on top of the page so your clients would view it easily.

It is really good to keep the chat button on every page in my opinion, as if any of your potential or existing client has any queries they can click on the button right away if they are on any web page of your domain.

Though some find it intimidating, for certain clients / potential buyers, live chat does wonders. There is no denial in that.

Quote Originally Posted by beruska
    Try phpOnline It's free.

Cheers,
    Beruska
    Please stop suggesting programs for me to use. I won't be running a webhost and I won't be using chat support. This is information I need for another project of mine.

Thanks for replies .

Quote Originally Posted by JLHost
    Though some find it intimidating, for certain clients / potential buyers, live chat does wonders. There is no denial in that.

Yes it can be a great sales tool as well. Considering installing it on one of my sites.
    Internet Phone Systems - Get a professional UK phone presence for your business.
    Feel free to give us a bell on 0845 NUMBERS (686 2377) For some friendly advice.

I can't imagine sending my customers to some other site for getting any kind of support...especially when Live Chat programs are a dime a dozen and easily installed and integrated into an existing website. If you're talking a remotely hosted solution, in which you can copy/paste a code snippet into your existing website...then that might be desirable for some hosts. I think its already been done though, as I remember "Human Click" having that option at least five years ago.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I use live chat and I can't complain as for outsourcing the support aspect of it to another site. I would personally shy away from it since I feel as though my customers dont want to talk to india or some other company for support. It looks lazy to me on the business aspect. Live chat has actually saved me a couple of sales and lowers the volume on my 800 number.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions