Need help finding a server management company - Server4Sale?

Hey everyone, I know I don't post on WHT much but this is pretty much my "every few months I make an appearance to ask for your expert opinion about things post" -- haha. I am really looking for a way to reduce my overhead costs a bit and am going to try to outsource my server management. We have a number of servers collocated in a rack right now and I need someone else to watch over them for me 24/7. I just don't have the funding right now to pay enough staff members to provide both support to my customers and properly administer my servers.

I don't want to sound really cheap, but I am looking for an affordable solution. There are lots of companies that offer these services for around 100.00/month, 75.00/month and then there are some companies such as many of the Indian outsourcing companies that are doing it for closer to 25.00/month.

One of the companies I was really looking into (after searches on these forums) was Server4Sale. They seem to have TONS of positive reviews about them and their server management team. I basically need someone to monitor the servers and proactively update them, harden them, and control things like server load etc. Not to mention immediately respond to problems that arise without me needing to notify them.

What is your opinion of Server4Sale, does anyone have any recent experience with them?

Take also a look here: http://platinumservermanagement.com
    Online power for online people!

Why dont you give a Logicsupport.com a look...I know people who use them for support......and have heard good things....

server4sale looks more like a hosting company I don't think you want to move
    your servers there.
    After many trials and errors I've settled with the guys from http://www.emuadmin.com
    They don't come cheap but I can sleep well at night.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftx
    I dont think Dinix offers managed support for other servers, just the servers they sell, but nice try anyway. Maybe read what the op wants before posting?

Also, to the op, check out serverwizards, they were great when I used them.
    Last edited by Chris_M; 12-09-2005 at 12:48 PM.

yes they do offer this service, for their servers only, and at a price that isn't in the range the op requested

also...they are owned and operated by webhostplus.com...and they are horrible...if you want my two cents on that...run the opposite direction as fast as you can...

i'd also recommend www.platinumservermanagement.com
    Last edited by Daniel B; 12-09-2005 at 01:27 PM.

OK, according to the Dinix rep I just spoke to, the managed service is ONLY FOR SERVERS THEY HOST. Please make sure you have all the facts before making a post.

The op is looking for managment for his existing servers, he is not looking for a new provider.

Hehe, i thought that they offer to everyone.

Hehe, i thought that they offer to everyone.
    Maybe you should do some research and gets some facts before posting. Posting with out all the facts really does nothing for this forum except muddy it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ResellersHQ
    OK, according to the Dinix rep I just spoke to, the managed service is ONLY FOR SERVERS THEY HOST. Please make sure you have all the facts before making a post.

The op is looking for managment for his existing servers, he is not looking for a new provider.
    The facts about WHP have never stopped mycroftx from shilling for them before.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457517
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison
    The facts about WHP have never stopped mycroftx from shilling for them before.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457517
    No, they havent. It makes me laugh how this guy cheerleads for them, but actually, he doesnt have a clue. He thought they would manage someone elses server, yeah right. At this point, I would have to agree with Eric, this guy is either affiliated with them, or just doesnt have a clue and likes to just spout off with no evidence to support his claims.

I think alot of what makes pricing vary in server management is response time and staff on hand. Like psm i believe is 1-6 hours response time and 6-24 hour for resolution. that seems appropriate for $30/mo but serverwizards who is $75/mo ALWAYS responds initially in under 5 mins, and a resolution isnt far behind. It depends on your business model and what is more appropriate to your needs.