Hybrid View

I came here looking for an answer to a similar question, though I'm still not sure I've found it.

I have about 10 domains that I need hosted. I've gone the dedicated server/VPS route, but frankly that's more management than I'd like to deal with--and overkill as well.

I've also tried the reseller plans, but then I'm typically stuck setting up "fake" accounts for these other domains, which I don't need to do, nor do I need any reseller branding, etc.

Basically, we host a number of domains for our clients--all separate websites, and we need good webmail, and the ability to have email addresses on a per domain basis, ie, jeffrey@domain1.com and jeffrey@domain2.com are not the same user. I'd like to be able to manage this all from one control panel.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by MedEdGuy
    Basically, we host a number of domains for our clients--all separate websites, and we need good webmail, and the ability to have email addresses on a per domain basis
    All you'd need is a normal hosting account with enough "addon" domains to cover this amount of domains. One control panel and the email gets set up from there. The actual hosting accounts are set up in directories within the main hosting account, so FTP is also easier.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by MedEdGuy
    I've also tried the reseller plans, but then I'm typically stuck setting up "fake" accounts for these other domains, which I don't need to do, nor do I need any reseller branding, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Not sure what the problem is with a reseller account - with cPanel, if I login, I can switch user to any of the domains I need to manage, without knowing their passwords - just using the 'cPanel' instead of 'WebHostManager' port.

DirectAdmin and Plesk also allow easy management of all the accounts too.

With DirectAdmin, I have set up a small number of user accounts, and each has from 5 to 25 domains under their control. Logged in as the reseller user, I can switch to any one of the users and manage any of their domains and jump up and down the tree to switch from one domain to another within a single user's list of domains.

Been a while since I used Ensim, but 3 of 4 control systems seem to allow fairly easily just what you are after. If you want to discuss any of the first three control systems more, I should be reachable (but noted I was unable to send a PM to you). Or just e-mail me at pgm1207.2005.myrealmATspamgourmet.com

Quote Originally Posted by ultra.net
    Not sure what the problem is with a reseller account - with cPanel, if I login, I can switch user to any of the domains I need to manage, without knowing their passwords - just using the 'cPanel' instead of 'WebHostManager' port.
    That only works if you don't need to access there phpadmin screen to do any db updates.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    That only works if you don't need to access their phpadmin screen to do any db updates.
    Maybe, but from what has been posted, so far, it's not easy to be sure if that is the 'problem' with a reseller account, just having to have separate user accounts for them (and heck, I have around 60 domains to managge on one server and 45 on another, so surely 10 is easily handled)...

Firefox or Opera can store the username and password for each account, once it's set up, so just a set of bookmarks would be enough to allow logging into each of the 10 accounts individually if it's because of managing some databases that makes it 'awkward'

Split from "What's best for our needs?" topic.
    Good luck.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

yea, go with an account that allows you to add on 10 domains. Most hosts have plans setup to allow this now.
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

sounds like a job for a direct admin account with multiple domains enabled.
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses