hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Coursework question about business organisational structures

Forum Jump

Coursework question about business organisational structures

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Question

Coursework question about business organisational structures

Hi,

I'm currently working through my coursework assignment in Business Information Systems, however, I am having difficulty diagrammtically representing a matrix organisational structure. Flat and hierarchical are simple enough, but I can't find many examples on the 'net and when I do,- they are all conflicting.

Can anyone explain to me or show me what a matrix organisational structure looks like so that I can get some sleep tonight!

Thanks in advance,

Jord

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

I am also taking this course (exam Saturday 17th EEK!). Basically, the example is of professors in a university. Along the top it has; Undergraduate, masters, phd, research, executive development, and community service. Along the side it has Accounting, administrative studies, finance, information and decision sciences, marketing, organizational behaviour, and quantitative methods. The definition in my book is "A structure that creates dual lines of authority; combines functional and product departmentalization." So basically, each person reports to two people in the heirarchichal structure, that of say the accounting department head, and the undergraduate program head, depending on what areas they fall under.

Hope that helps.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Thanks for you help cwatson.
I still don't fully understand - but i'm starting to get a better picture. I'll get out my books and see if I can get any joy with those.

Thanks again,

Jord

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
The Difference Between the NSA and “Everyone Else” Blog 2013-10-22 11:57:14
UK Tech Blog Challenges CloudFlare, Web Hosts on Free Speech Blog 2013-08-12 10:32:52
HostingCon 2013: Build or Buy? How to Grow Your Small to Mid-Sized Hosting Business Web Hosting News 2013-06-18 11:59:12
Fake Web Hosting Invoices Issued in BC, Canada Fraud Case Web Hosting News 2012-11-15 10:00:39
Joomla Hosting Study Shows Speed, Uptime Top Selling Points of a Web Host Web Hosting News 2012-11-07 15:06:36