Digital Headquarters 18 month review

To be honest, the title should say an awful lot - I've been with this hosting company for 18 months, and you don't tend to be with bad ones that long!!!

I signed up on a basic package, 1mb storage, 25gig banwidth - for $10 a year

However, because it took them over 24 hours activate my account, they doubled both - for free, without being asked.....a nice touch.

After about 6 months my site had outgrown even this, and was regularly serving over 2000 unique visitors per day, but I was on the biggest package they could offer, so I asked if they could hook me up with something bigger.

They were in the process of planning a new server at the time, so I was told that they would get back to me, but in the meantime I could "burst" my bandwidth with no extra changes.

I moved onto the new server after a couple of months waiting, and upgraded to a new, custom package which is very, very reasonable!

At one point, I got scared they weren't responding to my sales queries, and considered moving to a VPS, but at the last moment they responded (without a threat of moving being conveyed to them) and I have stayed.

I've had one or two instances of server slowdown - the longest being about an hour of horrible response times - but nothing too serious to affect visitor numbers

In August I served 7 Million pages with no problems.

There are so many horror stories of poor hosts out there, so thought this one would brighten people's days!

Happy hosting everyone!

Great to hear something good! Like you said, so often all we hear is the bad. Hope it remains so for you!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimonP1878
    I signed up on a basic package, 1mb storage, 25gig banwidth - for $10 a year
    I think you mean per month, don't you?

I think you mean per month, don't you?
    I don't think he does. It looks like the package he bought is not actually presented on their site.

basic package, 1mb storage, 25gig banwidth - for $10 a year
    That is if he's talking about digital-hq.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    I don't think he does. It looks like the package he bought is not actually presented on their site.

That is if he's talking about digital-hq.com
    it was a special offer at the time - sorry, forgot to explain that!