PLEASE HELP ASAP website data lost!!!

Hi
    I have a large problem to solve. I HAD this forum www.hsvforum.com.au now after two years 1000 members all is gone.

Last night my programmer was telling me he was backing up my phpBB forum when all of a sudden bang site has lost all data. He was supposed to have converted to vBulletin forum software. I think he stuffed up while converting. Anyway thatís been done cannot turn time now.

Anyway I have been using this company http://www.digitalpacific.com.au/
    Had no problems until now. This is the link to the features of the server http://www.digitalpacific.com.au/affiliates.php .Since the programmer screwed up, I emailed my provider as you do in an emergency.

There response was we dont have a current backup of your forum on our server, what the /////// I said. It says clearly on there website they have daily backups at 3am in the morning in case of emergency.

Where do I stand 2 years have gone puff Im shaking right now with anger I tell you all.

Calling on all server pros is it possible to retrieve my forum from the server some how? I need help ASAP help please all of you with professional know how can this been done by a professional server hosting company?????

Ron, unfortunately, this is very common. Although I'm not sure whether you were on a shared server (where it's the responsibility of the hosting company to do backups) or on a dedicated server (where it's the server admin's responsibility usually, but it's less clear). This is a bit like shutting the gate after the cattle have bolted, but it's worth downloading regular backups and you should have been advised of that at some point. Again, this is common, particularly where the server admin company is a cheaper company. That's not to make any allusions about your current company, I know nothing about them or the situation so I can't really comment.

There may be a copy of the data on your server, depending on just how it's been set up.

I'm in Australia, respond to my PM if I can help you.

Cheers,

Brian

Hi
    I would hope the server company could somehow track the lost data on the server its self, for example if I delete info on my computer I could have software or maybe a hardware expert track down the date, as long as its done soon after deleting is this possible?

I do understand if you continually delete things on the hard drive you could possibly delete that lost data.

He was telling me he was backing up the forum when that happened. I donít know what to believe.

send email to your hosting company asking them for the latest backup of your site.
    The Dream is the blueprint of success, the hope is the budget and hard working is the achievement

I did they told me they didnt have any latest backups

Quote Originally Posted by rootsupport
    Oh! Get whichever is the lastest back available from your hosting provider. If there is no other way.
    exactly. better something then nothing.
    Professional Coder click here to contact me

Quote Originally Posted by ronstaa
    He was telling me he was backing up the forum when that happened. I donít know what to believe.
    Put simply, data doesn't just vanish. I'd say it's very likely that your developer simply made an error and lost your data and hasn't wanted to admit to it.

Normal good practice when converting to vbulletin would be to take a backup of the forum and download it. Looks like he didn't do that. Consider getting another developer!

I think your hosting provider lied about taking backups at 3:00 a.m. In fact there is no data backup with either you or your provider. Worst case scenario, but a fact!