Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tas, Australia
    Posts
    2,488

    Talking Married People: A question :D

    Hey all ye married people on WHT, what made you decide that he/she is the right person for you?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    That's a tough one. It's many factors, I think. Only you will know, and that's just the beginning. Takes a lot of hard work to stay married these days, especially when the kids start popping out.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    England UK
    Posts
    121
    Well i'm not married.. but shes my long term college girlfriend.

    I think you know shes the one, when shes knows you better than you do.

    Or in my gf's own words "Your like Clockwork",

    I'm only 21, so the thought of marriage is scary dude!
    Read Tabloids - Warning Experimental.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,752
    I'm not married but I'm not yet sure if she is the right one but who knows? let's see what happens.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Takes a lot of hard work to stay married these days, especially when the kids start popping out.
    Always the romantic.

    For me, I just asked myself if I could consider life without her in it, and the answer was absolutely not. After 18 years and 2 "poppers" we're still very much in love.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,018
    I know she's the one because I'm willing to do whatever it takes and compromise wherever necessary and make up after any kind of argument just to be with her, and I cant imagine my life being happy without her.

    The reason that makes her the one is because I never thought I'd be willing to do that or feel that way about anyone.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    5,099
    I know she's the one because I'm willing to do whatever it takes and compromise wherever necessary and make up after any kind of argument just to be with her, and I cant imagine my life being happy without her.

    The reason that makes her the one is because I never thought I'd be willing to do that or feel that way about anyone.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by freak
    ..what made you decide that he/she is the right person for you?
    I was with someone for over 3 years and then met my wife and got married in less then 3 months. Sometimes things just happen. It could not happen any better in my case. We are married now for 9 years. But I did not "decide" anything. Just went with the gut feeling, that's it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    743
    I bet if half of the people who posted how they really felt and told there wifes, they would have a better relationship than they could imagine. I'm not saying you dont have a good relationship already, I'm just reffering back to my parents...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,952
    I tell her at least twice a day.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    2,381
    I have been with my current girlfriend for right at four years. Currently just a freshman in college, so marriage isn't in the horribly near future. But, like was said above, when i try to imagine my life without her, it just tears me apart. I fear the day that she gets tired of me and wants to end it :-)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha
    . . . But I did not "decide" anything. Just went with the gut feeling, that's it.
    Yeah, I can relate to that. It's a gut feeling, and something that you just know.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    when the kids start popping out.
    - You say it as if it is a spontaneous random occurence

    Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by effusionx1
    - You say it as if it is a spontaneous random occurence

    Jord

    You know how many kids Aussie Bob has????? hahaha

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tas, Australia
    Posts
    2,488
    - You say it as if it is a spontaneous random occurence
    What do you expect, girl loves boy, boy loves girl

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lansing, MI, USA
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by etechsupport2
    I think The Doctor will eleborate his experience well, he has very good experience.
    I think The Doc could tell you when it is NOT the time... that's for sure. All 4 (or 5?!) of his ... 'times' ...
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Torith
    You know how many kids Aussie Bob has????? hahaha
    There's a few there.

    When our first child was born, out came the head, and then a few seconds later the body just slithered out. It was like a seal being born, with all the blood and gunk over his body. I'll never forget that moment.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    29

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,419
    her large trust fund that she signed over to me as well as her several other large "assets" that she lets me use.

    then of course when she said - after falling to her knees - "my purpose in life is to satisfy you and serve your every need - what is your wish master" - that kind of sealed the deal.


    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor
    her large trust fund that she signed over to me as well as her several other large "assets" that she lets me use.

    then of course when she said - after falling to her knees - "my purpose in life is to satisfy you and serve your every need - what is your wish master" - that kind of sealed the deal.
    And then you woke up.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    641

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    There's a few there.

    When our first child was born, out came the head, and then a few seconds later the body just slithered out. It was like a seal being born, with all the blood and gunk over his body. I'll never forget that moment.
    I dont think there was need to explain this .......

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Matrix
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by abiddar
    I was just married in October to my girlfriend of 5-years... I had the same concerns, how do you know? Try to picture yourself without her/him...how do you feel? If you feel sickened, then they ar ethe right one for you. If not, keep looking. Never Settle!
    your text touch my soul.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,268
    For me there wasn't a "single moment" that it hit me that she was the one. It just sort of happened, and like others say, try and imagine the rest of your life without her, if you feel sick, tense, scared, and whatever other not good feelings then you know she is probably the one.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lansing, MI, USA
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    There's a few there.

    When our first child was born, out came the head, and then a few seconds later the body just slithered out. It was like a seal being born, with all the blood and gunk over his body. I'll never forget that moment.
    I'll be sending you my bill for lunch that's going to waste now...

    TMI, Aussie Bob!! TMI! TMI! TMI!



    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •