Aplus.net = pathetic

I hate unsolicited phonecalls, trying to sell me something. I really do. Especially to my f***king cell phone!

Aplus.net had the nerve to call me on my cell trying to sell my web hosting. I just thought I'd publically make this known, how low they're stooping to get business.

sheesh. How did they get your cell phone number?
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Quote Originally Posted by OtherMDesign
    I hate unsolicited phonecalls, trying to sell me something. I really do. Especially to my f***king cell phone!

Aplus.net had the nerve to call me on my cell trying to sell my web hosting. I just thought I'd publically make this known, how low they're stooping to get business.
    This is actually not that uncommon for them, I'm sure you can find many more cases of this by searching on WHT.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Oh get this, I am a webhost and they called me trying to sell me hosting! I just laughed at the guy. It's sad though, they call you anyime they wish just to sell you hosting/domains.
    Carolina-Host - The final stop for ALL your web site needs!
    US & EU Datacenters | 100% Money back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime | Weekly Site Backups
    cPanel w/ Softaculous | Webalizer/Awstats | Site.Pro Website Builder | Lite Speed
    Poarch & Associates - Accounting, Tax Preparation, & Payroll Services since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    This is actually not that uncommon for them, I'm sure you can find many more cases of this by searching on WHT.

Ditto! They've called me numerous times too. Plenty of feedback about this very thing if you use the search button here.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

those calls are typically automated pre-recorded phone calls and not live people... I've gotten them many times trying to sell me web design services and other services they offer. They been doing this for almost 1 year now, so I assume it works if they continue to use them... I think this method of marketing will be getting popular in our industry as times goes on and Voice applications make it easier for the small company to use.

Quote Originally Posted by WebRhino CEO
    those calls are typically automated pre-recorded phone calls and not live people... I've gotten them many times trying to sell me web design services and other services they offer. They been doing this for almost 1 year now, so I assume it works if they continue to use them... I think this method of marketing will be getting popular in our industry as times goes on and Voice applications make it easier for the small company to use.
    Really? I've always gotten a live person. I've noticed before they will try to sneak in a voicemail around 1 AM, hoping I will here them the next day. I always pick up though, and the person sounds suprised (they have my personal phone number for some reason, not my business)

I JUST got a phone call on them and decided to look on here, and wow, its the 2nd thread in the forum hehe.

anyone have any idea how they get your phone number and everything... I really cant think of too many places I had my one business name, and phone number together..
    David Sontag

I get their calls often once I register a domain and not point it to a nameserver for a couple days. I always get the same person and each time I tell him that I don't want their calls anymore.
    PierreB - Montreal

Umaro,

The whois database.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Umaro,

The whois database.
    I thought they're not allowed to use the WHOIS database for commercial purposes, example:

"The data contained in Go Daddy Software, Inc.'s WhoIs database,
    while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
    with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
    information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
    in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
    Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
    permission of Go Daddy Software, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
    you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
    you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
    dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
    purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
    and solicitations of any kind, including spam.
    You further agree
    not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
    processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
    including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
    in the "registrant" field. In most cases, Go Daddy Software, Inc.
    is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database."
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

mripguru,

Not allowed and 'using it' are really two different things.
    It's only until someone catches them in 'the act' that they'll stop (even then they're most likely doing so via a 3rd party and will just point fingers).

Quote Originally Posted by David
    mripguru,

Not allowed and 'using it' are really two different things.
    It's only until someone catches them in 'the act' that they'll stop (even then they're most likely doing so via a 3rd party and will just point fingers).
    True - then someone needs to catch them already

Agreed. I recall having read the same thing about them repeatedly. *sigh*
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic