Thumbs up 6 Month Review - Eleven2.com

Let's see, there is so much positive stuff to say about these guys, where should I start...

Support (10/10):
    Rodney, Travis, and the rest of the staff are great. They are on AIM 24/7 and are ready to answer any type of question. The few times they may have been away I put in a support ticket and it was quickly answered by another tech always resolving the problem.

Rodney helped me move over all my old accounts from my old hosting company to eleven2. He made the transition of the sites flawlessly and quickly.

Performance (9/10):
    I am on their w10 server and it's been great. It's a Dual Xeon CPU 3.40GHz. Very fast and it seems to be always up. Sever load is always under 5 and I haven't had any issues yet. I have had minimal downtime which is always scheduled to be very late at night or early in the morning so it isn't noticeable.

Overall (9.5/10):
    You get everything you want for the buck you spend. Quality support staff, great prices, great server specs and uptime to back it up. If I wasn't going to a dedicated server I would probably stay with these guys forever. They are awesome.

If you are looking for a shared, reseller, or VPS head on over to http://eleven2.com

My domain hosted with them is http://jakowenko.net
    Last edited by Jako; 12-04-2005 at 09:49 PM.

Nice review! Be sure to include your domain name hosted to give some credibility to your words.

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by JSpired
    Nice review! Be sure to include your domain name hosted to give some credibility to your words.

Thanks for posting!
    Well the domain has custom nameservers, so it won't be obvious to the average member since they won't be ns1.eleven2.com ns2.eleven2.com etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jako
    Well the domain has custom nameservers, so it won't be obvious to the average member since they won't be ns1.eleven2.com ns2.eleven2.com etc.
    The DNS will match however. Your choice really, but if you're wanting to give a thorough, accurate review, I'd post your domain..

Jako,

They'll still be on the same ipblock or close.
    What is your domain name hosted on their network/servers?

I've heard quite a bit about them - but so far everything I've heard (mainly from e107 users like Splamoni) that it's been a very rocky road.

VPS servers starting with 512 MB of ram, no one ever available via AIM (or anyone that always was would immediately state 'submit a support ticket').

Nonetheless I've never been a client of theirs - so take the above with a grain of san: Just some things my friends who use their service have been telling me.

I have updated the post with the domain hosted by eleven2.com

Don't know about Splamoni's case, but they are always on AIM. I was just talking to rodney a few minutes ago. It wasn't even hosting related

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I've heard quite a bit about them - but so far everything I've heard (mainly from e107 users like Splamoni) that it's been a very rocky road. VPS servers starting with 512 MB of ram,
    I am not sure which rocky road you are talking about. Regarding the user you mentioned, 9 out of 10 of the issues which he had from the start were that of the configuration of the VPS, which we actually did resolve for him anyway and not a issue with the node. We did have a issue with the RAM and swap and did get that taken care of as soon as EV1 had more memory (which was a whole different story as to why EV1 does not stock ram).
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    no one ever available via AIM (or anyone that always was would immediately state 'submit a support ticket').
    We are here on AIM 24/7, however, many issues cannot be taken care of directly on aim, this is our first line of support, however, if our ticket queue is backed up which, then we cannot simply put them in-front of everyone that has entered a support first. We do help as much as we possibly can and go above and beyond as far as what we can and will do each time.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Rodney,

Just don't launch any other VPS nodes with 512 MB of ram.
    Pretty simple - don't try tossing the blame at EV1: You can view the amount of ram on a box via multiple commands: TOP being one of them.
    Last edited by David; 12-04-2005 at 10:14 PM.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

David,

I am very aware of how to tell how much ram is in a server...we had the ram on order and thus was delayed..that is not blaming EV1 directly, just explaining the situation which it was evident you were not aware of the facts. If I do not have ram their is not much I can do, that is pretty simple.

At the moment we are not offering VPS servers as we are getting much faster and robust VPS configurations up.

Peace!
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Rodney,

I'm quite aware of the facts: I'm the original reason you found out the ram wasn't even there! At least let your client's know that they're running on a disabled box before a 3rd party has to.

Note: All of splamoni's performance issues were directly related to the RAM not existing: Not his configuration. I was thoroughly involved with helping him configure it.
    Last edited by David; 12-04-2005 at 10:16 PM.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Thanks for the review, Jako, and for clearing up the domain name!

Much luck to you!