Can't renew my old domain name!

I kept procrastinating on renewing my old company name for a long time. It finally expired about a month ago and I haven't been able to renew or re-register it since then. It says it's been registered by enom and expires next year? No name, no information, just that it's been registered by enom for some unknown reason.

The name is very unusual and has hardly received any traffic for the past two years So surely no one hijacked it. Anyone know why I cannot re-register it?

~Nick
    Nick
    3D Portfolio: InuxStudios -- 3D Logos, web servers, icons... [ACCEPTING REQUESTS]
    Arcade Network: InuxGames -- #1 source for arcade flash games

Upon expiry, there is a Redemption Grace period of like 30days whereby the owner still have the opportunity to renew it.

Try contacting Enom directly.
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

I did, no reply.

I registered the domain with NameCheap though.. that's why this doesn't make sense.
    Nick
    3D Portfolio: InuxStudios -- 3D Logos, web servers, icons... [ACCEPTING REQUESTS]

Namecheap is a reseller for Enom, that's why you see Enom as the registrar. Namecheap is a good reseller though, it's weird you having such problems.

Can you log into Namecheap. Usually you can do everything inlcuding renewing from their control panel. And they do sent a renewl reminder prior to domain expiry, did they not?
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Check our uptime

The domain isn't listed under my account anymore. Can't do anything through namecheap.
    Nick

So there's nothing I can do about this? I should just let it go?
    Nick

what's the status code of the domain?

What's the admin contact email? Is it yours?
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Check our uptime

Hello,
    If your domain is less than 30 days past expiration, you need to click on "manage domains" in your namecheap account and you will see a link called "reactivate".

You will see this:

Domain List Renew Reactivate

Click on "Reactivate" and you will be able to see your expired domains, as well as renew them from there for the regular renewal price.

If your domain is over 30 days past expiration, it has gone into redemption period and you will need to email us. There is an extra fee charged by the registry to remove the domain from this status.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Quote Originally Posted by NFX
    The name is very unusual and has hardly received any traffic for the past two years So surely no one hijacked it.
    Many lost their domains thinking exactly that; trust me: there will ALWAYS be someone sitting even thousands of miles away from you in another country, on another continent, with the same enthusiam towards that name.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by NFX
    I kept procrastinating on renewing my old company name for a long time. It finally expired about a month ago and I haven't been able to renew or re-register it since then. It says it's been registered by enom and expires next year? No name, no information, just that it's been registered by enom for some unknown reason.

The name is very unusual and has hardly received any traffic for the past two years So surely no one hijacked it. Anyone know why I cannot re-register it?

~Nick
    i have a similar problem !!

google for 'domain life cycle' you will know when the domain be free again
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

12. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!