.NET 2.0 Support?

Just curious how people are finding the .NET 2.0 support. Are most of the existing hosts providing this now on their servers? Are any hosts charging extra for 2.0? Are any hosts not providing it due to install issues on existing 1.1 servers?

Are most of the existing hosts providing this now on their servers?
    --> I dont think most of them can provide it

Are any hosts charging extra for 2.0?
    --> I dont think so as my current host did't charge me for this

Are any hosts not providing it due to install issues on existing 1.1 servers?
    --> As i developer, when i see such companies i'll run a way from them because they dont know how to manage the server.

regards

From what I understand 1.1 and 2.0 can coexist on the same server but we have a host that says they cannot upgrade the 1.1 servers as it was impossible for them and caused stability issues.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by schooner
    From what I understand 1.1 and 2.0 can coexist on the same server but we have a host that says they cannot upgrade the 1.1 servers as it was impossible for them and caused stability issues.
    I think they don't know how to manage that. I'm running 1.1 and 2.0 in my localhost.

Check HostingFest.com (my current provider) or any professional windows hosting provider to see how they can run both versions in the same server without any problem.

I think each version must have isolated application pool and each with its config.

Thanks

Check HostingFest.com (my current provider) or any professional windows hosting provider to see how they can run both versions in the same server without any problem.
    Please share a domain that you host with them to validate your recommendation. Thank you!

Turns out the issue is with Hsphere causing issues when adding 2.0 onto existing servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Please share a domain that you host with them to validate your recommendation. Thank you!
    www.anjalihc.com one of my hosted domains with HostingFest.com.

They are using HELM and i can switch between ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0 easly from there.

Thanks

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by schooner
    Are most of the existing hosts providing this now on their servers?
    Yes..some provider will charge setup fee for transfer account from 1.1 to 2.0 but if you open a new account .NET 2.0 included.

Thanks..
    MyLabuan Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB