Orange County CA

Hi,

This is my first post so please exuse my newbness. Do any of you know if there is a good web hosting company located in Orange County California? I would like to support a local company if there is a good one to support.

Thanks,

PS>
    Bye the way, I have a few www that I am not going to use and would like to sell them. I tried to post to www domain fs forum but it wouldnt let me.

espresso, Welcome!
    You need 5 posts before you can post an actual url.
    I think you are referring to domain names you have for sale? If so look at the Domain Name Advert Forum:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

As far as host searching have you tried to run a search on google.com for web hosting in that area?
    That may give you some ideas
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Orange County online - http://www.oco.net/
    Read Tabloids - Warning Experimental.

I was hoping to find a hosting company that has imap. The oco doesnt appear to have that. Do you know of any other good oc hosters that might offer imap?

Thanks!

A local company isn't going to be of any advantage to you.

I'm not sure why you require the host to be in your area...are you planning to pop in for coffee, or to complain about something? Unless they're very, very small or very, very weird, you aren't going to be able to walk in the door and talk to anyone about problems you're having, so local or remote is kind of a moot point.
    datapimp - You only get one soul, ya dig?

Quote Originally Posted by datapimp.com
    A local company isn't going to be of any advantage to you.

I'm not sure why you require the host to be in your area...are you planning to pop in for coffee, or to complain about something? Unless they're very, very small or very, very weird, you aren't going to be able to walk in the door and talk to anyone about problems you're having, so local or remote is kind of a moot point.
    Answer

Quote Originally Posted by espresso
    I would like to support a local company if there is a good one to support.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

My thought was to use a localy based company to keep the revenue in my own county. I am not adverse to to seeking another hosting company but I thought I would try local first.

Sure, I might pop in for coffee. Of course I will be bringing Diedrich coffee since they are an Orange County based coffee shop. :-)

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by espresso
    I would like to support a local company if there is a good one to support.
    Ah, well you answered my question in the original post, that'll teach me. Supporting local businesses is nice and all, but not a good reason to choose a host.

Is it a better reason to choose a local web designer?

Well that's different, isn't it? That's someone you most definitely will want to meet with face to face, and probably quite often, if it's a big job.