Hybrid View

Exclamation Yahoo Business Practices

Yahoo Domains

I really dislike yahoo right now. About a year ago i decided i wanted to take advantage of there $4.00 domain names. Man was that a mistake. Some of them never propagated even after a year. I contacted there support team on several different occasions telling them the domain names i purchased from them doesn't work. They kept telling me there senior supervisor would call and help me out with it. 4 months went by still no response or help from yahoo. At that point i pretty much gave up on them. After 4 months i initiated transfers of several of my domain names. Some went threw others didn't. I tried contacting support again and still no help. They told me at that point if i didn't like there service i could cancel my domains with them. I was like cancel and move somewhere else there like no cancel and forfeit the domain names. So after a year of having there service that doesn't work they charged me for all the domain names i transferred and the ones that never propagated. I called there complaint center and started a ticket. 10 days later they get back to me. They told me they wouldn't issue me a refund. I am very upset right now and I'm shaking as i right this. These people stole money from me for domain names i transferred 6 freaking months ago and several domain names that never propagated...... Is this legal? I mean let's say i went out there and charged someone for something they don't have in there possession isn't that wrong and illegal? The only thing i have to say is the fight isn't over. I want everyone to know how they treat there customers and how you should stay far away from them.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

For addresses of Santa Clara BBB and DA see my post in this thread:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...=455964&page=2

If an xfer fails report it to ICANN, enough reports and bye goes Yahoo Domains

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Fernandez
    If an xfer fails report it to ICANN, enough reports and bye goes Yahoo Domains
    Why? Yahoo domains NEVER existed ICANN-wise. They are only resellers for Melbourne IT, so they have nothing to do with ICANN. As wel as ICANN has nothing to do with them.
    Last edited by Stan Marsh; 12-04-2005 at 08:37 AM.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

a1nerd >> Yahoo explicitly states in their help pages that you MUST remove service from your control panel if you don't wish to be charged. If you were charged for the domains which were already transferred out it's nobody's but your fault.

And no, I am not Yahoo fan. In contrary, I use them for the cheap first 5 years of registration and then move away as soon as 60 days passes.

Anyway, good luck for you!

Quote Originally Posted by localpub
    Why? Yahoo domains NEVER existed ICANN-wise. They are only resellers for Melbourne IT, so they have nothing to do with ICANN. As wel as ICANN has nothing to do with them.
    Doesn't matter, ICANN will get on the backs of Mel. IT, who in turn will hve to force Yahoo to get thier act together.

Doesn't matter, ICANN will get on the backs of Mel. IT, who in turn will hve to force Yahoo to get thier act together.
    They use other companies as well. I am dealing with a client who wants a multi-domain site and Yahoo has no where to "Register Nameservers". Which I find a bit annoying. I wouldn't use Yahoo for domains.

Reminds me of an old song

What was it ??

Ah Yes

Day dream believer
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwing

What was it ??

Ah Yes

Day dream believer
    lol

Domain Maven

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwing

What was it ??

Ah Yes

Day dream believer
    reporting things to ICANN actually works if plenty of people do it

I see yahoo is not that trustful

Guys, come on. You spend money with a company selling a product at a loss and complain when things go bad. You have no one to blame but yourself
    Domain Maven

If there selling a product at a loss that's there problem not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaven
    Guys, come on. You spend money with a company selling a product at a loss and complain when things go bad. You have no one to blame but yourself

Quote Originally Posted by a1nerd
    If there selling a product at a loss that's there problem not ours.
    At the end it becomes yours (customer's) problem, when:

- you get no support;
    - company or product ceases to exist.

There yahoo they would get people signing up even if there domains where $20 a year. Why don't they raise there prices and hire quality support and offer good service. I'm not to blame for there profit issues. I trusted the name Yahoo. I know not to do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by localpub
    At the end it becomes yours (customer's) problem, when:

- you get no support;
    - company or product ceases to exist.

The problem here is that most people don't know and don't care how these darn
    things work. To make it worse, "false" expectations are then created and later not
    met.

I think Yahoo's philosphy is probably that if things automatically work well enough for someone to renew and/or buy more services, then their loss-leader registration will turn to profit. If it has malfunctioned, and you are too annoyed to ever buy another service from them, they figure it's not cost effective to put any labor into trying to woo you back to buying enough to be profitable.
    If you complain to the Santa Clara County DA, Yahoo might decide it's more cost effective to solve the problem than to refuse. Until you complain to the DA Yahoo is going to figure that the probability of your doing that is low, and they're going to not bother to help you.

I'm a bit confused on the case. As long as the domains got created and can be transferred, a refund should not be expected on the domain registration. If hosting was purchased, and if that is dysfunctional, then there should be a refund.
    If the domains were never really created there should be a refund. If the domains can't be transferred after the proper procedure was followed, then Yahoo has no excuse for obstructing the transfer.
    This thing about "canceling" to be able to transfer seems to make no sense. If the domain is unlocked and has correct, functional contact data on file, and has been with them more than 60 days, their only legal response to a transfer request is compliance. If Yahoo is talking about canceling a registry/hosting package, be careful. If the whois-listed email address is one that could become non-functional by a cancellation, you can be stuck with no way to confirm a transfer request.

They're a bunch of yahoos.

well is yahoo under loss, well these posts states that yahoo is not an worthfull company to go under.

now domains as low as $1.99, this is facinating for any websurfer who would like to purchase domains.