Enom *****Error modifying name servers: Nameserver cannot be registered*****

Hi,

If domain.com is not registered at Enom how can I still use ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com for other domains registered at Enom?

It keeps giving me this error:

Enom *****Error modifying name servers: Nameserver cannot be registered*****

It says:

"The domain name must be in
    the customer's account.
    (Example: To register NS1.myname.com,
    the domain name myname.com
    must be registered to you at eNom.)
    Each name must start with either "NS" or "DNS"
    (i.e. DNS1 or NS1)"

What kind of silly requirement is that? I used to be able to use any nameservers I want.

The error explains the problem. It looks like you're trying to edit a nameserver that doesn't have a corresponding domain in Enom. You can use a nameserver created at another registrar (I believe) for DNS pointing, but to create or edit that nameserver, it has to be done at the registrar for the actual name the NS is based on.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    The error explains the problem. It looks like you're trying to edit a nameserver that doesn't have a corresponding domain in Enom.
    That's correct, the new nameservers (as do the old ones by the way!) belong to a domain that is registered at another registrar.

You can use a nameserver created at another registrar (I believe) for DNS pointing, but to create or edit that nameserver, it has to be done at the registrar for the actual name the NS is based on.
    All I need is to change the nameservers for 1 domain. So I assume these nameservers have to be "registered" at the other registrar first, and then when I try to use them in Enom I will not get this error anymore?

If you want to register new nameservers through enom the domain has to be in your account.

If you want to change the nameservers that your domain points to, you can change it to anything you want as long as they are registered. Enom wont let you create and use new nameservers for your domain unless you have that domain registered with them, which is the same as every other place I can think of.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Thanks for clearing this up