Modernbill - Cerberus Integration Questions

I saw the tutorial and I don't want to have to install 2 separate versions of cerberus for Modernbill. I was wondering if I could have Modernbill automatically create an account for a person on cerberus?

I read this: http://manual.modernbill.com/adminhe...ntegration.htm

How from what I read it was only talking about integrating the faq

Since I don't want to integrate the faq could I instead have that client link for the support center to be instead a link to my cerberus installation on the site?

No, you are misunderstanding. You simply install the GUI (graphical user interface) once or twice. Your call and the databases sychronise with one another. If you want MB intergration, you only need to install the GUI once and if you want it on your main website you install it twice. Does this make any sense?
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Not really...

As I said before, once you have installed MB contact me and I will assist you
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Ok, here's how it'd work:

You'd have your Modernbill installation. You'd then have your Cerberus installation as follows:

Cerberus Database
    -> Cerberus-gui (the place where you and any staff would reply to tickets)
    -> Modernbill Support-Center (the support center integrated into ModernBill to allow users to submit tickets through modernbill)
    -> External support-center (the support center not connected to modernbill so that people looking to signup can open a sales ticket)

You have a single database, a single staff area, but two frontends for users to submit tickets through.
    Last edited by tickedon; 12-01-2005 at 05:35 AM.
    Alasdair

I don't really care about whether or not the faq in the billing system links up to Cerberus right now or not because I don't want to have to download and install 2 separate cerberus installations. Even if I didn't have to install 2 instllations I still don't care about that. All I want is MB to create an account on cerberus for them so they can login to the support center (Cerberus) and submit a ticket.

Try kayako mate. They have a login share, and interigates easily into Modernbill. You will see soon how much better Cerberus is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardkid101
    I don't really care about whether or not the faq in the billing system links up to Cerberus right now or not because I don't want to have to download and install 2 separate cerberus installations. Even if I didn't have to install 2 instllations I still don't care about that. All I want is MB to create an account on cerberus for them so they can login to the support center (Cerberus) and submit a ticket.
    To do this you simply need to enable the ModernBill v4.x login plugin within Cerberus. This would allow users to login to your Cerberus installation with their modernbill logins.
    Alasdair

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon
    To do this you simply need to enable the ModernBill v4.x login plugin within Cerberus. This would allow users to login to your Cerberus installation with their modernbill logins.
    Alasdair, how do you get these cool positions every where? Your admin on WHMAP forums, Liaison here

Quote Originally Posted by BlindBasher
    Alasdair, how do you get these cool positions every where? Your admin on WHMAP forums, Liaison here
    Mainly because my main source of income is from the internet and so I need to be active to earn that cash - also means I've normally got a fair bit of time to volunteer for different things (like WHT liaison and Cerberus) although recently I haven't had so much due to WHMAP.
    Alasdair

It doesn't hurt at all that he's quite good at it, either.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

I just wish i could get mine to work, i keep getting errors when i click support in MB
    Interstatehosting quality hosting since 2003
    cPanel Control Panel & Fantastico Delux
    Shared and Reseller Hosting
    99.99% uptime - Guaranteed!