Hot or Cold water?

Hi.

Since Winter has been started , I take baths with hot water steam and all that.
    I have heard some where that hot water is somehow good for your skin. I was wondering if its true? why is hot water good for your skin and why not cold water?

Just wondering.

Thank you.

regards,
    Diesel
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Hot water opens up all your pores and makes it easier to remove dirt and grease.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    Hot water opens up all your pores and makes it easier to remove dirt and grease.
    No offence D1esel but thats a bit obvious. I'm surprised you didn't realise this.
    On a seperate note: I'd also argue that hot water is better for your skin (especially dry skin) because ensures more moisture is maintained in the skin. With cold water, the water is running off your skin, hot water penetrates to a great extent.

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Thanks Steve and effusionx .I swear I did not know anything about it.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

As a side note, if you shave:
    Use warm water before you shave, to soften the hair, then warm water to rinse with, then rinse with cold water to lock in the moisture. After that, you can apply a moisturiser.

Quote Originally Posted by effusionx1
    On a seperate note: I'd also argue that hot water is better for your skin (especially dry skin) because ensures more moisture is maintained in the skin. With cold water, the water is running off your skin, hot water penetrates to a great extent.

Jord
    I disagree. Skin moisture is maintained by your natural oils not by water. Hot water removes the oils more than cold and is actually worse for dry skin.
    Bob
    The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
    - African Proverb

I prefer warm water and then cold water.....such a nice sensation

Hot water is nice and all, but there's nothing like jumping into the shower and turning the knob to icy and getting that good morning jolt!
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Uhm ... I use hot water the shower all year round. I don't really know why you wouldn't.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds
    Uhm ... I use hot water the shower all year round. I don't really know why you wouldn't.
    I would agree. Why would you use cold water when hot water is so much more refreshing.

I always take really hot showers..
    why?

because i like it!

lol

yea! me too ilyash, i always take really hot showers sometimes i burn.....my skin....:\
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

I love a real hot shower, but after drying off, I'm sweating like a whore in church. I supose I'm just exersizing my sweat glands? This should help getting rid of some toxins in the body. Recently I've modified my shower by changing to cold water, twords the end, for cooling off and to close the pores.

bobcares is offline [email protected]
    I prefer cold water... It gives a cool feeling.
    No offense here. but one thing I have noticed with all Americans is that .. they take a shower in hot water in summers as well as winters. And drink coke/water/whatever with a lot of ice in summers as well as winters... :-)

Regards
    Amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares...."

Quote Originally Posted by Blapto
    As a side note, if you shave:
    Use warm water before you shave, to soften the hair, then warm water to rinse with, then rinse with cold water to lock in the moisture. After that, you can apply a moisturiser.
    What next, a WHT how-to on applying hot wax to your legs? , so silky smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by schmeg007
    Hot water is nice and all, but there's nothing like jumping into the shower and turning the knob to icy and getting that good morning jolt!

Actually the same effect can be achieved by having your naked body slapped with 800 rubber bands at once. But other than that, there certainly is nothing like it.