Thread: powweb?

powweb?

I'm wondering how is the hosting company powweb? i had bad experience with my old hosting company because of speed. does anybody experience speed problems with them?

i was going to sign up for hostgator, but they can only have 25 connections at once.

How many connections are you planning to have? I think any more than that should not be on a shared plan.

Do a search and you will find many reviews on powweb
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

well i wanted to host a forum. at least then 40-50 ppl online at once. what would be the most possible connections?

powweb not stable at all.

always negative review for them.. you can search related threads in this forum..

im reading many reviews for differect hosts but on their site they dont say how many max connections. i have to call each one. so far none offered 40 or more.

I wouldn't go with PowWeb, but that might just be me: They've gotten quite alot of bad reviews, last I checked their prices, they're obviously overselling and they've been associated with ad-wares and the likes, making them a big no no

They have throttles (max_questions) on the mySQL databases there. Depending on the type of script it could max out. Some forum software seems to work ok though. You can check their moderated forums (forum.powweb.com) for any info on restrictions.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

I can only agree that you might look up some reviews on powweb.

If you insist on having a site with many concurrent users, you might think about getting a VPS or dedicated server.
    Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic