Question cPanel Backup Question

I have a quick question about backups. There are three options for full backups in the cPanel control panel. All three give you a tar.gz file and they are all about the same size, and contain basically the same files. If I had to choose one file to use as my backup in case of a complete restore, which of the three would be the best/preferred to use? Saving all three seems redundant.

The choices are:

- Systems Backups - daily
    (daily.tar.gz)
    - Full Backups - Download a home directory Backup
    (backup-mydomain.com-11-29-2005.tar.gz)
    - Generate/Download a Full Backup - Generate Backup
    (backup-11.29.2005_08-53-01_myaccountname.tar.gz)

Thanks,
    Phil

i would say Full Backups it will back all your files and so is Mysql because if ur uses mysql u need to back that all so.

I would believe that this is the option you are looking for:

Generate/Download a Full Backup

It will backup your files, mail, databases and all your settings.

Thanks for the replies.

All three options save everything, files, mail, databases and all your settings. I was wondering which file is the one to use when performing a restore or copy to another cPanel account.

I believe that Generate/Download a Full Backup is the one you are going to want to save for a restore. The others may work too, but I know that the Generate/Download a Full Backup is sure fire.

Excellent, Thanks ThunderhostCEO

The backup which you generate through "Generate/Download a Full Backup - Generate Backup" can only be restored via WHM with root access.

The best one is "Full Backups - Download a home directory Backup". But, as WN-Ali said, it will require ROOT access. If you have just a reseller a/c, then you'll need to send this FULL backup to your reseller provider to restore it for you.

The FULL backup have ALL the components that the other two types of incremental backups doesn't have. These components include: MySQL username/passwords, SSL Certs, Subdomains, Addon domains, Additional mailboxes and lot more.

However, its wiser to take all three backups because if you do not have a handy access to ROOT login, then the other two types of incremental backups can restore the site to atleast a browsable state.
    Chris