Godaddy's slow server

Is it only me that this is happening to? I can't seem to get a 20mb folder to my ftp folder. I get timed out and with estimated time of two days to upload. I know I'm not using the fastest systems to upload but when I use my school's server to test my site, it doesn't take this long to upload. What is the use of a host if I can't upload stuff.
    Is there a way to tell how fast a host server is before joining them? What hosts have been known to have fast servers? Thanks.

You can ask the host for a speed test.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

That has happened to me before but it was my line with the problem

Yea, sounds like the bottleneck is on your end...go to http://www.dslreports.com/stest and see what your up/down rates are.

I think godaddy.com have some problems. The site is down now, and have been for the last 30 mins.

I had the same FTP problems yesterday, I lost the connection every 30 seconds or so.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=465641

they are not accessable right now

Arrow Godaddy back .......

Godaddy's website is up and running right now !
    They just recovered from a downtime , and they are advertising for hosting on their homepage !!
    ( I know they are just announcing that they will offer with each domain an ad-supported hosting , but they are doing this to advertise their hosting services- for later upgrades to their payed hosting plans. )

Insane marketing step by godaddy !!!

Yea, but if you have a site thats being hosted by godaddy, you cant go on there.

For instance, my site. You cant go on there and is being hosted by godaddy.

Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by seoulkdesigns
    Yea, but if you have a site thats being hosted by godaddy, you cant go on there.

For instance, my site. You cant go on there and is being hosted by godaddy.

Why is that?
    That would be because your site and the godaddy site are hosted on different servers.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting Managed Dedicated Servers SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 www.webair.com 24/7/365 Support Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by abiddar
    I have enjoyed great uptime and no issues with large transfers. I would reccomend GoDaddy to anyone.
    Careful, Aaron, Godaddy charges something like $7.95 for each GB above their transfer limit. Yahoo charges $1.00/GB for overage on their hosting sites, a much more normal number.

I'm signed up with GoDaddy's Premium hosting, 20GB storage and 1000GB transfer. I'm very happy with everything about the hosting, except what I consider their outrageous overcharging for excess bandwidth. If I use 1000GB/month, the charge is $20.00. If there's a DOS attack that causes bandwidth to go to 1100 GB, I would be charged about $800 for the excess. So, $20 for 1000 GB, but $820 for 1100 GB. Seems outrageous to me, and smacks of wild overselling.
    Jack.

Careful, Aaron, Godaddy charges something like $7.95 for each GB above their transfer limit.
    It is a punitive charge, to make you "understand" that they prefer you to upgrade.

Go Daddy really sucks ...
    They just told me that we donot accept visa credit card payments
    from Your country ............