* Orphalese plans to circle the world forever

Orphalese, a 90,000-ton ocean liner that will have 200 residences and 265 suites for cruise passengers. The ship, which will be named the Orphalese after a mythical city in Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet," is scheduled for completion in 2008. The two- to four-bedroom residences measure 1,000 to 4,000 square feet and are being sold fully equipped and furnished for USD 1.8 million to USD 10 million.

The Orphalese plans to circle the world forever, on an itinerary shaped by events around the world, such as the Cannes Film Festival, the Olympics, Chinese New Year in Shanghai and the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona.

Residents will be able to live a year-round life of UBER PREMIUM experiences, and studying the Orphalese concept should provide more than a few inspiring ideas to anyone working in service-based industries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails orphalese.jpg  

That looks like a great ship but after a year on board i would get bored or visting the same places next year...also the rooms cost alot 1.4million ot buy it then a few grand a month after that..i cant see that many people willing to buy it, also will people be able to leave the ship via helicoptor or will they need to wait untill they get to a port??
    8i Networks - Advanced Web Solutions
    Web Hosting, Web Design, Domain Names and E-Commerce
    Providing Affordable, Reliable and Scalable Web Solutions Since 2000.

Keep in mind that rich-people buying in will turn profit on reselling, and since many Yachts got helicoptor landing's, an ocean liner will have 2 if not more landings on deck..

You heard about the "Freedom Ship - the City At Sea"?
    Big planes can land on it, if they build it -- I think it would be amazing, i just wonder how would be able to tow something that huge!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B_lg.jpg   A_lg.jpg  

It looks like it may have been inspired by an idea that appeared in National Lampoon about 32 years ago:
    http://www.jamesgoodmangallery.com/m...display28.html

im sure that those two ships are not the only one's in the planning / design phase. People have seen this opportunity to make mass money for a while i have seen something on the freedom ship a couple of years ago on the discovery channel.

I think its a kewl idea the only thing behind a ship that big as in the freedom ship is how do you plan to get people on, and off ship when you are near port. Plane would just be to darn expensive to fly people back and forth constantly like people would do on a normal cruise ship.

Thanks
    - James

Im more concerned with this thing breaking in middle fo the sea, i dont know of anything that can tow the Freedom Ship.. they might have to turn it into an ISLAND if it breaks down..

Hopefully if there is some serious research done into this it could partly help with the problems of global warming.

Sounds like theres going to be a lot less land in the coming generations.
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

Looks like the design of the Freedom ship been changed;

http://www.freedomship.com/freedomsh.../new/new.shtml

Will Circle the world once every 3 years;

http://www.freedomship.com/freedomsh...e/voyage.shtml