Sorry... but is this just a good offer or what.. to good to be true?

Hey all

Well this is my first posts here..

I would like to share a little finding.

I'm from Denmark have looked for some time for at cheap crazy dedicated server, but no luck until now.

I usually use this forum looking after good offer for European dedicated server. For some time ago, I bought a vserver at server4you.de for one of my friends, which he only have been super satified with. It has a repons time only at 30 ms.

Well I was on my way into their webinterface, when i saw a great offer at:
    server4you.de/de/d/index.html (German)

For 44 euro at month you get:

AMD Opteron 144 Server- Processor (64 Bit, 1.024 KB L2 Cache)
    1.024 MB DDR2-RAM
    Two 80 GB SATA-Harddisk in Raid 1 (80gb with backup)
    2.000 GB Traffic every month
    Free support

In the time I have looked for dedicated servers, I have never seen such a good offer, and in fact that I only have good things to tell about server4you.de, then this is just a crazy offer.. ufortunially this offer is limited to the 24/12.

But you need to make a 12 month contract, and the webinterface is in german.

My question is:
    Are this offer as good as it looks, or have I missed something?

Seems way too cheap.
    I'd be wary of paying that little for a server.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

You said it right in the title, "too good to be true" I would be scared of paying that little for a server and having to pay 12 month upfront to get that price.

Yeah.. I know.. But it just looks so nice

BTW the payment cyclus for the Vserver is every 6 months, can't see the term have changed for this server..

We have our own small DC in Europe.
    No way that someone can go that cheap,even in the case of an extreme overselling,direct factory prices for crappy hardware and a good dose of insanity.
    Last time i've checked "Mother Teresa" was dead,and at her time she was not in hosting.
    Last edited by Webfactor; 11-28-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webfactor
    We have our own small DC in Europe.
    No way that someone can go that cheap,even in the case of an extreme overselling,direct factory prices for crappy hardware and a good dose of insanity.
    Last time i've checked "Mother Teresa" is dead,and at her time she was not in hosting.
    lol.. nice reply

If you can afford to take the risk (risking data/money) it's worth a shot. If you are hosting something mission critical, don't go for it. If you can't afford to lose the money, don't go for it either.

If you do go take the chance, make sure to make daily backups to a remote location. Also be careful with contracts, at that price it's very likely they'll ask you to pay yearly (which is probably a bad idea).

Thx for the reply Apoc.. I think I will try it, and see how it goes..

I have to just wrote to them about the terms, and hopefully they can clear this mess up..

Xiplias,

Let us know the results!
    Good luck.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Interesting.

On http://www.server4you.com/us/contact.html it sais that the US Server4you.com is a subsidiary of European based BSB Service GmbH. There are some posts on here about the US one, if you use the search.

Well, the price for simillar pack in the US server4you seems to be not that cheap but kind of OK

the name of the pack is listed as Power64