I'm opening a free web host soon and just want some help writing a terms of service agreement. Here's what I have so far:
- You cannot store illegal files on our servers. This includes warez, mp3's, adult content, or any other licensed material. Nor are you allowed to provide links to sites that do contain these materials.
- You cannot run complex CGI scripts that could adversely affect the server. This includes chat rooms and other similar scripts. We reserve the right to declare what is allowed and what is not.
- You must, at all times, have the SSI bar code at the top of each page within your site including message boards and any e-mail service you may offer. There is a strict zero tolerance policy for those who refuse to do this.
- You can have as many outside advertisements on your page as you want. However, our advertising bar must always remain flush against the top. This requires that you have the top margin set a zero.
- Syanet will not be responsible for claimed damages whether they were accidental or coincidental. We will also not be held accountable for server down time or loss of money resulting from it.
- Individual site owners are responsible for all content they put on their site. Syanet will not be held responsible for this.
Any additions are welcome.