Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long was your longest sleep?

How long was your longest sleep? I think my longest was about 12 hours or so, but not more than that. We can all stay "up and running" for quite a while, but wonder if anyone managed to get, say, 15 hours of sleep or so (actual sleep).

What's interesting to me is that once I didn't get any sleep for almost 48 hours, and still I didn't more than 12.
    Have a question?

19 hours, after staying up for 6-1/2 days. I was 17.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

About 20 hours. I was 13, and just came back from the most gruelling 3d2n orientation camp in my life (at that point of time at least).
    Have you Floble'd today?

Somewhere around 20 hrs ...
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I would say about 15+ hours. This was last week I was real sick with bronchitis and I did not feel like getting up so I just sleep all day for the most part.

Man, that had to be around 20 hours - was up for 4? days straight.

I once slept through the weekend (2 days, 2 nights) after getting a bad case of sunstroke. I think I might have been passed out actually -- but I do remember dreaming.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

How does it feel when you wake up after 20+ hours of sleep...? Is it one of those "like I had no sleep" feelings or "ready for work" kind of feelings?
    Have a question?

You feel satisfied and rejuvenated. The feeling's surreal. Like the world has raced past you, and you didn't have to be part of its problems.
    Have you Floble'd today?

Abouts 20 hrs

I usually sleep all the way from LA -> Asia flights
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

More than 24 hours. When I was sick. I was virtually on the bed 48 hours straight, most of that time asleep....

All that from a fever...

probably between 15-20 hours here. I had a friend once who stayed up for a week straight then slept for 3 days straight.
    Who is General Fault, and why is he reading my disk?

when i was of weeks , i slept a lot .....

22 hours, after spending 12 nights in a tent in Switzerland, then travelling for 2 days on a coach back to the UK. I love my sleep.
    - Jamie Harrop

18 hours is the longest that I have slept.

18 hours is the longest for me.

I can't sleep that long, I have to wake up after 10 hours of sleep. I can't nap either.
    The one time I've felt truly truly tired, I was on a camp, and the fourth most senior cadet there, so in charge of quite a lot, and running about 1/2 of the day to day business.
    Over the last 3 days:
    Wake up Thursday 0630, on duty that night so get to sleep 0300
    Wake up Friday 0600, on duty that night again as someone was taken ill, get to sleep 0330.
    Wake up Saturday 0600, it's the last night so I'm not sure if I did go to sleep, if I did it wasn't before 0500.
    Wake up Friday 0630, get on a coach to go home, sleep two hours on the coach.
    I then have to wait for 2 hours in the freezing cold as all the junior cadets are picked up by their parents. Girlfriend phones me, says she misses me, I have no spine and go round. Romantic stuff ensues, end up in her bed with her, as soon as I was lying down I was flat out. I think she was slightly offended. Oops. Apparently I woke up an hour later, started where I left off. I honestly have no recollection of sleeping, or the 30 minutes before and after, she had to tell me what happened.

29 days in a coma. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumix
    That sounds pretty bad. What were the circumstances, if you don't mind my asking?

The longest I've ever slept was probably your standard 12 hours after staying up through the night. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again anytime soon. 4 and a half hours of sleep -- like I got last night -- is hard enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperDevil
    That sounds pretty bad. What were the circumstances, if you don't mind my asking?
    Two years after returning home from Vietnam I was placed in the hospital with liver failure. I remember the doctor telling me that there was nothing he could do for me and that i was going to die.Then went into a coma. It was determined that 70% of my liver was damaged (sclerosis of the liver). But fate intervined and I recoverd. The doctor told me to stop drinking. The only problem was that I wasn't a heavy drinker and i was only 24 years old.

I later learned of the problems with angent orange and filed a claim but the government said that agent orange hasn't been proven to cause sclerosis of the liver. Even though i litterally bathed in that stuff on occastion, they determained it wasn't at fault. I was also exposed to angent purple before it was banned ( I still have the scars from the blisters on the top of my ears) because it was more toxic then orange, but of course, they don't plan on doing any studies on it. There were also agents Green, Blue and Pink that were banned before orange.
    Oh well , war's hell, I made a full recovery altho my liver remains damaged, as long as i take care of myself, I'll be around a few more years.
    Last edited by Lumix; 11-28-2005 at 12:27 PM.

I'm sorry Lumix but happy that you recoverd and fine now

I'm having a lot of sleep these days. That is becouse I'm out of excercise and I feel tired a lot. Last time I slept for atleast 10 hours which is a lot for me.

Kind Regards,
    -Diesel
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I think lumix wins, shame about the circumstances though. Have you looked into this?

14 hours after I went to bed at 2am and didn't get up till 4pm.

About 20 hours.

I once slept for 27 hours when I was 18 (man that was a while ago). Worked for 2 days straight with little cat nap breaks in between. Went home and sat down on my parent's lazy-boy chair, woke up the next day. When I went to stand up I fell right back down because my legs were completely numb. It took a good 2 hours before I had all the feeling in my legs come back, now that I'm thinking about it.

That was back in the day though. 10 years and 3 children (one being a 3 month old) later, I'm lucky to get 8 hours of straight sleep on a weekend. What I wouldn't give for one of those 27 hour sessions again...

Quote Originally Posted by pinglogic
    I once slept for 27 hours when I was 18 (man that was a while ago). Worked for 2 days straight with little cat nap breaks in between. Went home and sat down on my parent's lazy-boy chair, woke up the next day. When I went to stand up I fell right back down because my legs were completely numb. It took a good 2 hours before I had all the feeling in my legs come back, now that I'm thinking about it.

That was back in the day though. 10 years and 3 children (one being a 3 month old) later, I'm lucky to get 8 hours of straight sleep on a weekend. What I wouldn't give for one of those 27 hour sessions again...
    24 hours? Man that is a lot of TIME for sure.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

"Sleep? But I am a machine!"

(Say in Arny voice).
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

I think 16 hours, when I was really sick with the flu.

I've slept for about 25 hours once, when I had been in 10 different timezones in 14 days. It was kinda funny because when I woke up, during the first hour or so I thought I had only slept for 1 hour until I saw the news.

That was about 8 years ago - I still didn't get over the jetlag

12 hours, just never wake up.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

yeh 12 hours here too.. maybe a bit more. I have never really slept that long
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

That's really sad to hear, Lumix. Best wishes for you for a long, and healthy life!

I once shattered the whole right side of my body (Collerbone, ribs, arm, wrist, leg) and I woke up 3 days later.

I was sooo thirsty, it felt like I only slept for a little while, but it was 3 days after my accident.

I was sooo thirsty, it felt like I only slept for a little while, but it was 3 days after my accident.
    I bet you were thirsty. Probably on the edge of death. The body can't take dehydration much longer than that.

My longest sleep? 17 hours or so. After working for 36-40 hours. Crazy times.
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.

I accidentally took a higher dosage of a herbal sleeping pills. Normally sleep aids don't help me at all so I took two instead of one, I think I was out for about 48 hours.

Proberly around 15 hours. Never timed myself I cannot sleep that much though, don't know why, I'm just not one for sleeping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumix
    It's cool if you don't wish to talk about it, but can you hear the people talking to you like they say you can? Did you dream?
    Sean

26 hours after a 42 hour shift transporting a detainee from Greensboro, NC to a suburb of Chicago.

hey, you know one of the oldest women to live (the one that recently died and was from japan) said she slept for 2 days at a time and stayed up for 2 days at a time. This was her daily habit too.

I think she was just bored. Nothing better to do at 115 anyway. hehe

A few years ago, after a long rave... I slept a WHOLE day and a few hours. This is after countless hours of dancing...

... those days are long gone :|
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

About 11 hours. I don't need too much sleep beyond 6.25 hours a night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast