hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Where to go to buy a domain name

Forum Jump

Where to go to buy a domain name

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Disabled

Where to go to buy a domain name

hi
can someone tell me where to go to get a domain name
cause i do not wish to buy my domain name with my web hosting
since i heard so many sad story about buying your domain name from
your web hosting.

Sponsored Links
Old

Old
Web Hosting Master

That all depends who your webhost is. If its a good company, there shouldn't be any problems at all.

In any case, I would recommend enom or godaddy. I am using both and have no complaints.

From Shared to Dedicated - 100TB/1Gbps/10Gbps plans, Cloud Servers, Colo & VPS available in US and EU - Optimized for Minecraft and Social/High Traffic Websites. DDOS Protection Now Available! Current Specials
Professional. Painless. Polite. All Managed.
- Like Us on Facebook.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

i usually get mine from namecheap.com or godaddy

Shared Hosting | Reseller Accounts | ShoutCast Hosting

Old
Disabled

thank , i will check them out

Old
WHT Addict

It's sad that you might have to spend extra money because you don't trust hosting companies, not that I disagree...

You should be careful with who you choose to host altogether though. Any hosting company with good reviews for hosting most likely isn't going to steal your domain name as well.

You can specifically ask if your hosting company will leave you as the Owner/Admin contact for your domain. I would also recommend that you always follow up if you transfer a domain and a host says they'll provide you with a free year if you transfer to them.

And if all else fails, you can always ask your hosting company for a discount since they aren't registering your domain It costs them $5-10 anyway and they should be happy to have a new customer.

Old
-=*/E=-

Yahoo domains arent bad either and they are the cheapest around .

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Personally i find its always better to register your domain seperate from your hosting, you never know, why take the chance. plus, some of these host charge more to register domains then godaddy or other registrars do...

Shared Hosting | Reseller Accounts | ShoutCast Hosting

Old
& Goliath

I'd second namecheap.com

I've had issues with godaddy before - they've held a few domains hostage from me: Namecheap has been flawless!

Old
Web Hosting Geek

I recommend Namecheap also, I have used both godaddy and namecheap and find that namecheap is better

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WN-Ali
I recommend Namecheap also, I have used both godaddy and namecheap and find that namecheap is better
What exactly do you find about Namecheap that is better than GoDaddy? Personally, I think any mid to large size company that you register your domain from will be about the same. As others have stated, it is the hosting company that you will want to choose wisely.

-Bryan

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I totally agree with registering your domain independantly from a hosting company. Chances are that if you are leaving a host, there are factors (relationships, support, etc) that caused the departure... best to have that domain in the hands of a third party. Just my opinion.

I recommend RegisterFly. I have used them for several years, and they seem solid. Not usre if there is much of a difference between them and GoDaddy. Could be equal.

Old

For a .uk it has to be 123-reg .co.uk IMO

Old
Web Hosting Master

I'd second namecheap & 123-reg.

Old
Web Hosting Master

try 1and1.com . the next big thing

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
UK Police Continue Crackdown on Pirated Content with Torrentz.eu Domain Name Suspension Web Hosting News 2014-05-26 12:30:38
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - February 7, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:29
Nigeria Internet Registration Association Offers Free ccTLDs to Encourage .ng Domain Adoption Web Hosting News 2014-01-02 14:46:24
Office 365 Integrates GoDaddy Domain Name Registration Web Hosting News 2013-10-09 13:18:05
123-reg Launches Domain Reselling Service on Global Domain Marketplace Web Hosting News 2013-06-19 14:48:10