Website Monitoring Services?

Hello WHT's,

I'm seeking some very good website monitoring service providers who accept PAYPAL!

I've had an extremely bad experience with my hold host 247status.com as a monitoring service provider. I actually believe they are scammers.

Anyhow, I'm off to find better services and wondering who the most reliable and trustworthy providers are?

Please give links to companies if possible.

Thanks!

I am thinking to signup with hyperspin. You can check with them if they accept Paypal

I have tried a number of monitor providers (freebie trials and paid subscriptions) and I find that the only one that has a good set of tools and suits me as well as a good communication and escalation system is websitepulse.com.

They offer a 2 week free trial and I recommend trying to use as many of their tools as you can because that is what makes their service so great.

They aren't cheap though, especially compared to some of the others.

siteuptime.com

I've been using siteuptime.com for about a year. Very good service and they are open to suggestions on improvments (they created a custom page for me to include their stats into my website). Basic account are free, advanced accounts are $5/month.

-jon
    Fork Networking - 1995-2020+
    Colocation & Dedicated Hosting
    West Coast, 99.999% uptime.
    <www.forked.net>

server-monitoring.net and .co.uk are good. They can also provide XML feeds so you can integrate all the stats into your web site. They also offer a months free trial for 5 services.
    Mick Beeby
    www.reyaltec.com - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers.
    www.aspbite.com - Modular ASP Content Management System

i agree with apexio, siteuptime.com is good. the freebie version is good enough if you just have to monitor 1 site

Second vote for websitepulse. Hyperspin is good too. I'm trying host-tracker as well, they seem almost as good, but newer so time will tell.
    Plexi Hosting and Web Services LLC - Solid hosting, gift cards

TalkShoe - Live, interactive podcasts

I recommend hyperspin. They have a good trial period so you can see what its like before you purchase.
    ShellCentral.net
    Web Hosting, ShoutCast Servers, Dedicated Servers, Reseller Accounts, Domain Registration and more.

My vote goes for Hyperspin. They have really improved their services in the last year. We have used them for over 6 months and and never had a false report. The have also added SMS notifications.

Paypal is accepted.

We also use HyperSpin and have been very pleased with their services. And they do accept Paypal.

What about a rolling your own? What would you guys recommend for that? Naigos or something else?
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Monitoring software

We monitor our own servers, each server monitors another server (in a loop format). We found that all the PAID monitoring services never really got it right all the time - most of the time yes but there were too many extra outages recorded that never actually happened. We'd often get notifications a server was down when it wasn't etc etc. So thats why we now use our own in house monitoring, which SMS's us every time a major service (Apache, Mysql, php) is down for more than 5 minutes.

I would recommend siteuptime for off-site monitoring.

I'm also seeking a good monitoring company. Appreciate all the suggestions.

One company I've been using is called UpPanel.com. I'm using a free account. Unfortunately, lots of false notices. Not too reliable.

Going to go sign up for a free HyperSpin account and give it a "spin" :-)

LAIG

Hi!

Hyperspin is great, I had only signed for one server but they reported me of 2nd server as well, I was kinda amazed with the reporting even though like I made the server down myself due to maintenance and the 2nd server was not signed in hyperspin but they still reported it.

thanks to them great job