Listing 1,000s of page with search engines

I'm creating thousands of pages of unique content at my web site on a variety of subjects. The goal is to get those thousands of pages all listed with search engines and hopefully, some of them will generate traffic for me so that I can sell my hosting services.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how I get search engines to index thousands of pages?? Create one page that lists thousands of links?? Create pages that link to other pages that link to other pages that eventually each have a couple of hundred links??
    -

Um, read about how search engines work. I'm sure if you asked someone from Google or Yahoo, they would tell you to give them only your domain and their spider will do the work.

Of course, all of those links are only going to be popular if you make sure they are optimized for search engines (blah blah blah) and most importantly make sure it is relevant and send the URL around and hope other people link to you. So the idea is to actively promote your page(s) with people who will find it relevant so they can put it on their existing pages.

I'm sure you would quickly be banned if you used any tool that lets you submit a mass of links to something like google, but I've never tried to get a page high in search engine rankings so I could be wrong.

My initial suggestion would be to submit the main pages to the search engines and let them do the rest. Our SEO software has recommended limits for the number of submissions you do a day for one site. Granted, you can not abide by those recommendations, but from what I read you should..."best practices". I know googles is 5 per day per site. Over a on month span of time, you can only submit 150 pages for your site. No where close to the thousands you or other sites with that number of pages have. I'm going to assume that if your site is that big, it will be getting some traffic and the search engines will pick it up.

Just my initial thought.

Brian
    Brian Shrift
    www.AdvancedWebmail.net
    Business Hosting Services

Quote Originally Posted by bbleaman
    I'm creating thousands of pages of unique content at my web site on a variety of subjects.
    How do you do that?

Seems a tad excessive.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

I've seen that all of my postings to WebHostingTalk.com get listed at Google. So, I presume there are tens, if not, hundreds of thousands of pages listed. I've seen that through other forums. How does Google find all of these pages at WebHostingTalk or any other forum?
    -

Does Google find all of the WebHostingTalk postings from pages like this:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/forum/1-1.html
    -

For a start, you can ask google themselves
    http://www.google.com/intl/en/submit_content.html

They say their friendly Googlebot will find everything. Read more about spidering if you'd like to know. Looks like google also has a new(?) tool called Google Sitemaps that might help:
    Google Sitemaps is an easy way for you to help improve your coverage in the Google index. It's a collaborative crawling system that enables you to communicate directly with Google to keep us informed of all your web pages, and when you make changes to these pages.