Is it bad for your LCD to constantly switch between resolutions?

I was wondering, lately I've been switching back and forth between 600X800 and 1024X768 resolution over and over again because I was working on a new site design and was curious to see what it looks like in all resolutons as I was working on the design.

I LOVE my 17 inch Samsung SyncMaster LCD monitor and want it to last forever. I really love it because it's not only super sharp and clear (I tried literally a DOZEN LCD's and returned all of them until I found this one to be the best)... so I want to keep this one forever and don't want to screw it up.

Is it really bad to switch the resolution back and forth on an LCD? Someone told me it is because it's bad to stretch the pixels inside it and will shorten life span... is that really true or bogus?

In that case all I have to say is... oops.

I have the same LCD and I don't think that would affect it. If you'd like, as a workaround, you can resize only the browser to 800x600 and you would observe the page's behaviour. That's how I do it.
    Custom logo design
    17+ years of experience, customers in over 100 countries
    www.ypson.com

Switching resolutions does not harm an LCD screen, however, the image only looks its best at the screens native resolution.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

I see thanks, so whoever told me it was bad was incorrect. I actually read it somewhere that it was bad to stretch the pixels inside an LCD by constantly switching back and forth between resolutions.

ypson,
    I never thought of doing it that way... how can I re-size my browser as you say? But if I'm using 800X600 resolution I don't see how I could re-size my browser to see what it would look like in 1024X768...

Nothing physically changes in the monitor when you switch resolution, it just uses 2 or more physical pixels to create the new "fake" pixels for the different resolution. The physical pixels still do the same thing, it just doesn't look as good.

But if I'm using 800X600 resolution I don't see how I could re-size my browser to see what it would look like in 1024X768...
    Most 17" Monitors are 1280*1024 resolution, so surely that shouldn't be a problem anyway.
    Steve

Ah I see, so the pixels don't actually stretch

I swear I read somewhere that they stretch. Bogus article it was then.

I'm the odd ball who still prefers 800X600 res even on my 17 inch LCD. I don't know why but no matter how many times I tried or for how long... I still prefer 800X600 res. Everything is just too small in 1024X768 in my opinion.

You'll find the image looks even better at the correct resolution. You can very easily change the text size that Windows uses so you can make that easier to read but keep everything else looking nice.
    Steve