Windows 2003 Server management needed

Hi,
    I'm looking for a prof. Windows 2003 Server management service.

Any talents around?

Regards
    Mohamed

Try contacting the folks at http://www.mrmanage.com/

I have heard good things coming from that shop, and reasonably priced too.

Thanks pinglogic.

any others known guys?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by pinglogic

Do you use them? What are their prices? What is their response time?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    I believe they charge $75 a month for a fully managed solution and that includes up to 10 hours of support per month. I offloaded a local client to them last month on a reccomendation. I haven't heard back from that local client (which was my whole point) so they're tops in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant

I sent them a support ticket b4 2 days. They just replyed on $75/m including motitring, which is toooooo much for me. [management is half the server price monthly?]

I'm looking for somebody less than or = $40
    coz in my case I just wan them to answer my clients support tickets. Other big things my DC will handle.

Regards

What you are looking for is not server management, it's outsourced support. Just remember, you get what you pay for. But I suppose that is the typical WebHostingTalk take on shelling out money. "I want everything.. the best.. and won't pay a dime over $9 a year for it....".

Good luck in your search.. And good luck with the server reformat once your server gets hacked because you were too cheap to shell out a real rate for server management.

Try Rubal Jain ([email protected])

He is very active on the Helm forums and has helped us in the past with server migrations. He knows Windows 2003 inside out and is very reasonably priced too.

EDIT: Just read the post again and saw you quote a figure of $40. You're not going to get very good management/support for that kind of budget. Rubal is top man if you are willing to pay proper rates for 1st class people.
    Last edited by mjb-is; 11-29-2005 at 02:45 PM.
    Mick Beeby
    www.reyaltec.com - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers.
    www.aspbite.com - Modular ASP Content Management System

Quote Originally Posted by pinglogic

this didnt work for me, they did not reply my sales ticket for 2 days. I think they are too busy because there's no company that does windows server management.

I also need one. I would appreciate any advise.

Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

If you want proper server management then you have to expect to pay for it.

Typically in UK you would be paying 100 to 200 per month for management on top of taking a server witha company.

If you want a proper server sysadmin on it's own then please keep in mind that people have to be paid. If you expect them available to you on a semi-permanent basis then they need to cover their required income for it.

For a proper available sysadmin then you should be looking at the 200 + pcm range. Don't forget that even a minimum wages 22 year old in UK would cost you about 875 pcm just in wages to employ. That's the equivalent of about $1500 a month to employ someone at minimum wage.

The trouble with this kind of thing is that people often want to pay $50 a month and expect the sysadmin to be avilable 24 hours a day!
    Mick Beeby
    www.reyaltec.com - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers.
    www.aspbite.com - Modular ASP Content Management System

I agree, if you want good managment then you have to pay the price for it. It costs money to train engineers to provide Windows services. If you want your engineers to be MCSE qualified this cost over $1000 in exams plus training time and study material. Its just not feasable to charge a low price for that engineers time. If you just want a monkey to answer a few tickets then maybe you can get that, but someone to fix your problems is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Are you sure? from their website :

TESTIMONIALS
    Marks (Australia)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent vestibulum molestie lacus. Aenean nonummy hendrerit mauris. Phasellus porta. Fusce suscipit varius mi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent vestibulum molestie lacus. Aenean nonummy hendrerit mauris. Phasellus porta. Fusce suscipit varius mi. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et

eL-ankebut,

Adam didnt finsh all the pages which make it look bad I know.. But he offers windows administartion.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

so you say I can rely on him?

Hi, I am adams partner, I deal with the windows admin side of the company. I have a good deal of expereince and am MCSE qualified. I will happily supply copies of my qualifications. The site is currently being reworked, which is why the testimonials page does not look good, apologies for this.

Yes you can rely on him