Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Site5 or Reseller Zoom

I have an account with Site5, they were really great but lately there are a lot of different problems, from bandwidth spikes to bandwidth meter not reseting to cpu overloading, they keep saying they will fix the problem but its either taking them a while to fix or it not fix it at all. I am starting to lose faith in them. So now I am checking on the Advance Reseller Plan of ResellerZoom, its a bit more expensive than Site5, but I hope that I would get the best service out of it. What I want from a reseller account is the speed, stability and peace of mind (hoping I will stay with them for a long time...)

So if you can recommend something to me, should I stay with Site5 and keep hoping for the best or should I move to resellerzoom and start something new and excellent? My next bill with Site5 is next month so I hope I can decide soon. If you have experience with both hosting company please share it with me ...

Thanks

I've heard great things about the premium plans offered by HostingZoom (it might be because of the sincerity of those who purchase the more expensive plans perhaps). I don't think you'd go wrong with them actually.

Cheers,
    Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Dear LRZ00M,

Let me just start off by saying that I am very sorry that you have been experiencing continual problems with Site5’s web hosting services. I fully understand and completely respect your choice to “see what else is out there” since you are not satisfied with our service. I am not posting in this thread to try and sway your opinion or take anything away from the advice you receive here from fellow WHT members – but I would like to help you out a bit if you’d let me. However, if you are looking at going with HostingZoom, I know more than one HostingZoom employee and I can tell you that – at least from the honest feedback my friends have been giving me – HostingZoom is a quality web hosting company and would be a very viable option should you choose to leave Site5. Whether or not I think you should leave Site5…well, I guess I’m a little bias huh?

If you would like, please feel free to PM me with additional details about the problems you’ve been experiencing with our services. From what you listed in your post, it seems that the vast majority of your problems are server-related problems, and I would be more than happy to see to it that you’re moved to a new server with no load issues or users that cause persistent bandwidth spikes. We have ~100 servers in our fleet and I can almost guarantee you that a move to a newer server could literally “cure” most of the problems you’ve been experiencing. It is an unfortunate fact that Site5 has recently had a few servers with users that tend to cause problems, and we do take every necessary effort to weed these trouble users out as well as manage server issues that do arise to the best of our ability. If you’re willing, just let me know and I will see to it that you’re moved to a new server and that we get these issues under control for you. You can PM me any relevant tickets that you’ve submitted to our helpdesk, or just information about your server and how you’d like to tackle this problem with us. Also, if poor server performance has caused unnecessary downtime and the server you’re on has not met the uptime SLA, do not hesitate to request a credit.

If WHT does suggest you move on, well, I wish you only the best and thank you kindly for the time that you have spent with us! If you shoot me a PM in a few hours and I’m already sleeping, I’ll be sure to check my inbox first thing in the morning. Have a good one, and good luck with your decision!
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

So if you can recommend something to me, should I stay with Site5 and keep hoping for the best or should I move to resellerzoom and start something new and excellent? My next bill with Site5 is next month so I hope I can decide soon. If you have experience with both hosting company please share it with me ...
    If they have been really good until now - I would say take Brendan up on his offer and see if theres anything he can do to assist you...

Ive heard of a few issues with Site5 - however, in their price range - Im not certain you can find an overall better organization - also keep in mind that the number of complaints are far less then the number of satisfied customers...

Brendan is quite active here, and very eager to help - why not see what he can do for you before considering other options (grass is always greener and all )
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Thanks for the reply folks! Brendan I couldnt send you a PM maybe I dont have enough post for that function in this forum? However I will send you an email shortly. I love to stay with Site5 coz like what I mentioned, you guys have been great, support wise and service. It was just sad I got this continious problems with the server I am on. Hopefully we can get this sort out.

Thanks

Dear Louie,

Posted by: LRZ00M
    Brendan I couldnt send you a PM maybe I dont have enough post for that function in this forum?
    Heh, yes I should have realized that I am sorry! I have received your email and I will respond accordingly in the next few minutes. Thank you kindly for taking the time to contact me - I will see to it that this issue is sorted out for you.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Thumbs down

It's good that Brendan is going to try to make things right. What's bad is that you had to post here before you get any help. I had problems with Site5's server loads too, and all i got was that's what you get for being on a shared server, and deleted posts in there forums.

I'm with site5 too and have also been searching for a new host because ironically the support directly with site5 has dropped immensely. I remember on more than one occasion I asked if I could be moved to a more reliable server and was denied that request. If Brendan is willing to move you to a more reliable server, I would definitely jump on it. Usually the only person I seem to get any help from or answers that make logical sense is Julian. Otherwise it feels like pulling teeth to get help.

I was hosting with ResellerZoom and cancelled my account just three days ago. Their support team was always pretty quick to respond but the web server went up and down FARR too much. Anyone reviewing other reviews on Reseller Zoom will know all about the blasted 500 Internal Server Errors as well. They finally got that fixed up but Apache and mail were going down multiple times consistenly each day.

I moved everything over to a new company called Red Rock Servers and I'm having no problems. It's Plesk instead of CPanel but at least it's stable.

Good luck.

I'm so glad you said that, because I just signed up for an account with reseller zoom and used the option to pay by check. This is definitely incentive for me to not move to them. Uptime is my top priority right now. I've never used plesk before, is it failry simple to use? Any benefits or losses over using cpanel?

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyB
    I was hosting with ResellerZoom and cancelled my account just three days ago. Their support team was always pretty quick to respond but the web server went up and down FARR too much. Anyone reviewing other reviews on Reseller Zoom will know all about the blasted 500 Internal Server Errors as well. They finally got that fixed up but Apache and mail were going down multiple times consistenly each day.

I moved everything over to a new company called Red Rock Servers and I'm having no problems. It's Plesk instead of CPanel but at least it's stable.

Good luck.
    Were you hosted in their Advance Reseller Plan?

Is the advanced reseller plan on more reliable servers? That's the one I signed up for.

Reseller Zoom is horrible, do not use them, it will cost you more in time and problems.
    I have an account with them and I am in the process of switching to a new host because of the excessive downtimes, server load allways being extremely high, limiting scripts from running fully, and their new rules they put on how many domains you can host.
    Tyler Schnaidt
    wnDesigns.net
    1-888-359-4822
    Hosting Design Promotion

Red Rock Servers seems a little steep for me. $35 for 1,000 MB's of disk space doesn't do much for me.

Thanks Tyler. That helps a lot. I've been searching for days now and starting to get a little frustrated. It makes the process a little easier when you can hear actual experiences. 2 bad experiences is definitely enough for me to stay clear!

I have an account with RZ and Idologic. Out of the two, I really like Idologic better.
    The verdict is still out on RZ, but I've only been with them for 2 weeks. BTW, I am on their Advanced plan.

Idologic is about $43 more monthly than what I pay at site5 right now and has less features. Also, I am definitely looking for 99.99% uptime. Although, site5 does post on their site that they have "99.9%+ Uptime (current avg. is 99.998%)", the stats for the server I am on with them shows an average of 99.8965% uptime. I guess since they have a lot of servers they very well could have an average of 99.998% of uptime, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyB

Good luck.
    Hi,
    I'm interested in knowing more about the account you had with us so that I review the issues in which you are noting about Apache going down consistently multiple times per day. I agree this is a major issue if this was consistent as you've mentioned on a daily basis however I can't remember any server going down multiple times every day.

As for the 500 errors it's an issue where many people don't understand why it happens and often blame our resource monitor for it when it can be anything from wrong permissions to a script error. We're proactive in preventing abuse and if you got an error that was confirmed due to our monitor than your site wasn't meant for that particular plan.
    IO Zoom
    https://www.iozoom.com

hzKiet, Please explain to me how different plans might help. These are things I personally would love to be able to understand. I'm getting a lot of http failures with site5 from 3 different monitoring companies and maybe there is more to it than just downtime. It would be nice to know what the problem could be if it's not the servers?

Quote Originally Posted by wnTyler
    Reseller Zoom is horrible, do not use them, it will cost you more in time and problems.
    I have an account with them and I am in the process of switching to a new host because of the excessive downtimes, server load allways being extremely high, limiting scripts from running fully, and their new rules they put on how many domains you can host.
    From the information provided in your post I was able to find the account you have with us and can not see why you would claim of excessive downtimes? I understand you're on the Jupiter server and can tell you that server have 99.9%+ uptime over the last 4 months.

We limited the domains you can host in order to ensure our budget servers remain stable. As for the limiting scripts from running fully I assume you are referring to our resource monitor which will kill any process which uses too much system resources. 99% of all accounts on our servers do not see this problem and if you do and confirmed it was due to our monitor that just means your particular site needs to be optimized and/or moved to a plan more suitable for it.

Regardless I wish you good luck with your new provider but if you would like to discuss this with me personally feel free to contact me at kiet[at]hostingzoom.com. Thanks!
    IO Zoom

"As for the 500 errors ...." The way you talk, your customers should be packing. This cannot be the great plans and prices I read about here. Now you tighten the belts. This is sounding like a familiar redundant reseller tale. bigjoeb

I can vouch for RZ on this one.

I'm currently hosted on Server Cameron.

I've got 99.96% uptime this month, and last month was 99.99.

The server goes offline maybe 1 time a month, but it's barely noticable, it's like 1 minute at most.

Their Tech Support was always responding and usually resolving within 30 minutes to an hour of ticket creation, sometimes longer. They've even helped me with issues on Thanksgiving day.

This is the account I have with them on their Budget Plan. I've only moved servers 1 time, because mars was unstable the time I was on it due to a DDOS which was mitigated shortly after I moved to cameron.

If you ever have a problem with their server, just make a ticket and ask to be moved. They'll try the best they can to get it all moved as fast as possible to where you won't even notice any downtime (except for DNS propagation, but that's out of their control).

Their Advanced plans are alot better, as I did have one before I eventually closed the account, when I moved to a dedicated server.

I still have the budget account open though, and has been running strong for 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoeb
    "As for the 500 errors ...." The way you talk, your customers should be packing. This cannot be the great plans and prices I read about here. Now you tighten the belts. This is sounding like a familiar redundant reseller tale. bigjoeb
    They're only doing what they need to do to survive.

And yes, the Internal 500 Server errors are usually due to people forgetting to make their .htaccess file. Their servers are configured slightly different then most hosts, so the .htaccess file needs a few more lines than others do to enable a few more php variables. So, no. He's not saying anything that makes the notion that his customers should be packing. I created a ticket about it when I first encountered the problem over 4 months ago, and they made an htaccess file for my account for my specific needs. I've never had the problem since.

Though, I do like how you can just jump in wherever you feel and lay judgement on hosts you have no experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by epixelated
    Idologic is about $43 more monthly than what I pay at site5 right now and has less features. Also, I am definitely looking for 99.99% uptime. Although, site5 does post on their site that they have "99.9%+ Uptime (current avg. is 99.998%)", the stats for the server I am on with them shows an average of 99.8965% uptime. I guess since they have a lot of servers they very well could have an average of 99.998% of uptime, who knows.
    which Idologic's plan did you look at? what features are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by epixelated
    hzKiet, Please explain to me how different plans might help. These are things I personally would love to be able to understand. I'm getting a lot of http failures with site5 from 3 different monitoring companies and maybe there is more to it than just downtime. It would be nice to know what the problem could be if it's not the servers?
    Hi,
    Do you mean how different "hosts" will help? Or are you referring to the various plans we offer? I would be more happy to answer the latter privately via email or PM but if you're asking about the former question I would suggest doing a search on this forum for feedback left by other forum members. No two providers are the same and one provider may suit your needs while another may not. Site5 is a great provider and i'm sure whatever issues you're having they are more than capable of resolving them. I saw a post where you expect 99.99% consistently and can honestly say you won't get it on any reseller account even if you're the only account on the server.
    IO Zoom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast