Domain Disappeared from Root Name Servers

I woke up this morning to an interesting problem with my domain gotop100.com. I was getting a dns error when trying to access it. After looking into it I have determined that it is neither my host or registrar, but that it has completely disappeared from some of the root name servers. Doing a DNS lookup for the domain at dnsstuff.com shows that no A records exist for the domain. Has anyone ever come across this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Okay. Have you called your registrar? DNSReport.com says that the parent server reported that the domain does not exist, but a dig says otherwise. Also, whois.sc and "whois gotop100.com" in SSH return whois records. However, whois.sc and "whois" report different records.

Whois.sc: ns1/ns2.phatservers.net
    /usr/bin/whois: ns1/ns2.a1colo.com

Code:
    ; <<>> DiG 8.4 <<>> gotop100.com 
    ;; res options: init recurs defnam dnsrch no-nibble2
    ;; got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 30304
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
    ;; QUERY SECTION:
    ;;      gotop100.com, type = A, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    com.                    3H IN SOA       a.gtld-servers.net. nstld.verisign-grs.com. (
                                            1133051571      ; serial
                                            30M             ; refresh
                                            15M             ; retry
                                            1W              ; expiry
                                            15M )           ; minimum
    Check your DNS and call your registrar. Time is money.
    Last edited by Jakiao; 11-26-2005 at 08:38 PM.
    Jakiao

Belive me, I called them. They said there is nothing they can do about it and it is likely a problem with the root server. They said it has been and is still pointing to the right place and that there is nothing else wrong with the domain from their end.

Well who do they expect to fix it? Honestly, do they think you can fix this?

Don't just take their blow-off response. Push for results.

They are the ones who send data to the parent servers. Not you.
    Jakiao

I called them again, for the third time today and they checked everything they can think of, and see no reason for any problems from their end. I guess I could try transferring to a new registrar, but that could mean 5 days of downtime.

But which nameservers are the correct nameservers? Ask them to explain why it doesn't show up in the root nameservers. Then ask them how to fix it so that they work.
    Jakiao

It looks like your WHOIS information is fine. It reports that NS1.A1COLO.COM is your primary nameserver and it is working fine (it resolves your domain correctly). This is definitely a case of your registrar messing something up pretty badly and they need to stop giving you responses like that and fix it right away.

I have never heard of anything like this before, and I would've thought godaddy is pretty reliable. Something like this might be able to be given to ICANN as a complaint. I probably wouldn't be sticking with a registrar that tells you "I dunno" when they have a problem like this