What does it mean?

Hi,

Me and my friend (partner) are creating a business plan (well, not for hosting business ) for a start-up company with an automated business-plan software. One sentence is bothering us:

Total start-up requirements comes to $xx,xxx. The start-up costs are to be financed by the direct owner investment.
    We need the investors to fund completely during startup, but I'm unsure what direct owner investment means, does it convey our requirement right or the opposite of it?

doesn't seem very correct terminology. Your investor would technically also be an owner if you were giving them a share of the venture. To me it means that the owners will be financing the startup costs.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Oh, it means that the owners - including us - would fund the start up costs? ah!

What would be the correct phrase if we want the investors to fund completely during startup?

Yea, the above phrase means that the owners will fund the startup completely. You can use something like "complete investor-based finance"
    Revo.in :: MyRevo.com
    Revolutionary Web Host, Programmer & Web Consultant
    Our Priorities - Client Satisfaction :: Quality Service :: Creative Growth ::