Dedicated Server for streaming movies help

Hi guys,

I'm currently starting a website which I will stream movies from. Since I'm new in this business I would like to have your advice on what kind of things i should mind.
    What type of connection 10/100 mbps
    server config? does the hardware need to be high end to just stream movies from or what details are importend when taking a server ?

The last thing I would like to know is what company/host would you advice with approximately 1500 gig of bandwidth per month, since you probably have more experience than i do.

Thnx in advance i'll appreciate it

Hi
    For streaming website i would get a 100 mbps. The bw depends on your website traffic you can either go with lyerdtech or the planet they both have exellent services theplanet has twice more bw (2000gb) and 100MBPS and a reliable network but the price is a bit higher

I had a look @ theplanet and just for an additional $10 i'll get a 100mbps and a reasonable server. This really sounds tempting but from your statement I can conlcude that you have good experience with them....so no strings attached ? the only thing i'm unsure off is that if I upgrade to 1500 gig instead of 1200 gig it says $150.....does this mean i need to pay 150$ more per mond for just 300gig?
    Last edited by Thunderdust; 11-25-2005 at 07:18 PM.

I believe you add an additional $150 to the total monthly fee.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by ushdlew
    I believe you add an additional $150 to the total monthly fee.
    If that is so, arn't they a little over prised for just 300 gig more per month?

I currently have a server with lyeredtech i have been with them for 5 mounth no downtime at all. The only problem I have is BW its only 1000 gb and yes if you want to upgrade to 2000gb you hve to pay 150$ more

Can I get the link? Just to verify...
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

by the way if you are talking about theplanet i thing all of the total control servers come with atleast 2000 gb of bw

There we go But are you sure it's for an extra 300GB more bandwidth? Not 500 or 1000GB?

I am confuesd are talking about theplanet or lyertech?

He's referring to ThePlanet. $150 is over priced for +300GB more bandwidth. Gotta say...

But theplanet servers all come with 2000gb of bw and 100MBps and I assume he needs 1500gb bw.

http://www.carpathiahost.com good prices, speed and bandwidth VPS, Dedicated servers.
    Have a nice day.
    http://www.cadyo.com / Favourite Web Hosting