the lowest price ever

Hello everyone,

After a month of research, reviewing all dedicated hosting company (more than 20)
    i found the LayeredTech, until today i thought that they have the lowes prices but today i found this company in germany, they have insaine prices:
    please check it out:
    https://www.strato.de/server/highend/index.html
    any comments???

all i can say: you get what you pay for

never look at prices...

i've known companies who offer the cheapest prices but thats all, you dont get anything (not even emergency support, "your server down? your fault, now suffer the consequences" type of behaviour)
    Quality Metered/Unmetered Servers in the Netherlands
    Offering custom solutions in an extreme quality network!
    Find out why we are a lifetime experience and contact us!

yes I agree never look at the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by World Industries
    all i can say: you get what you pay for

never look at prices...

i've known companies who offer the cheapest prices but thats all, you dont get anything (not even emergency support, "your server down? your fault, now suffer the consequences" type of behaviour)
    You have a point however I wouldn't necessarily say "never look at prices..."

There are some overpriced shops out there, though often they are very high quality - i.e., excellent support . They deliberately avoid being the cheapest.

If you're shopping around for market bottom feeders then you truly deserve what you get, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ivsdigitel
    Hello everyone,

After a month of research, reviewing all dedicated hosting company (more than 20)
    i found the LayeredTech, until today i thought that they have the lowes prices but today i found this company in germany, they have insaine prices:
    please check it out:
    https://www.strato.de/server/highend/index.html
    any comments???
    Well, what do you want to hear? Server prices in Germany currently tend to be lower than in the US. Especially, since many providers in the states are charging extra for 100mbit uplink speed, control panel software, instant remote reboots, remote console / "rescue systems", remote reimaging, backup space and so on ... while in .de stuff like that is very often included by default with the "bigger players" (in terms of volume). Free traffic allowance used to be the catch about 1-2 years ago, but this is no longer the case. Admittedly, you usually won't receive stellar support when going with a "big player", but the self-help tools made available are usually perfectly fine if you know what you're doing (unless there's a hardware failure) - these are unmanaged servers after all. Many of these will not accept foreign orders though (I believe Strato is one of them).

I have been through enough providers over the years to say that price isnt everything. As metioned by the others above, support can usually be a key item and these low end un-managed providers have issues in those departments a lot of the time. Just wait till u have a hardware issue and need some support,.....

That is not to say that cheap is bad, just that there is a greater chance of getting less. I mean to cut their prices that much they have to cut the corners somewhere right? A provider that offers cut rate prices isnt going to be making enough money to have a 24/7 support center with lots of staff.

The best speed probably will be with the countrys members of European Union not US, Canada and so on.
    http://www.cadyo.com / Favourite Web Hosting

From the website:
    Traffic-Unlimited
    'Nuff said, I think.

Strato is an excellent provider. Much better than Layered Tech (I've been with both in the past). The problem with Strato is that they do not accept customers with no German credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by M4N-N4N
    That is not to say that cheap is bad, just that there is a greater chance of getting less. I mean to cut their prices that much they have to cut the corners somewhere right? A provider that offers cut rate prices isnt going to be making enough money to have a 24/7 support center with lots of staff.
    Well, many of these outfits are actually making profit by other means. For example, Strato (like 1und1.de, server4you.de and so on ...) is offering shared hosting and DSL lines as well. I'm not saying that the servers are probably sold at a loss, but I would imagine that profit margins are rather tight indeed, compared to the US. I believe that the mass server market in .de is much closer to being saturated than in the states (IMHO that's no wonder, with prices starting in the 15-30 EUR range, including the extras I mentioned earlier), so I would guess that this is more of a fight for market share than anything else. I'm perfectly fine with it though :-). As mentioned before, we're not talking about ISPs offering babysit type support. Obviously, you won't get all the bells and whistles in terms of hardware with these either (e. g. SCSI drives are less "crowd attracting" ;-). However, from my experience hardware issues will usually be resolved within a quite reasonable amount of time compared to what you're paying. If you're looking for _true_ premium service / 100% uptime SLAs (not network only) and so on, you won't get that for two or three times the price in the states either.