Stay away from Namecheap

I highly recommend staying away from Namecheap.

They are decieving and steal domain names.

Last year, I registered a premier domain name. They stole it from my account. I complained to Enom(They are a Enom EPT). I tried calling Namecheap and never recieved a response. To recieve a response by email I had to send five emails and threaten them with legal action. Many of my friends have had problems with namecheap because they are run by unprofessional people.

Go with the pros, I recommend Godaddy,Enom,Yahoo,NetworkSol,Etc.

Stay away from Namecheap. They do steal domains and their service sucks. It's not worth it. Protect yourself. The posts against namecheap on here I believe, because I've experienced this first-hand.
    STAY AWAY FROM NAMECHEAP
    Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by irminority

Last year, I registered a premier domain name. They stole it from my account. I complained to Enom(They are a Enom EPT). I tried calling Namecheap and never recieved a response. To recieve a response by email I had to send five emails and threaten them with legal action. Many of my friends have had problems with namecheap because they are run by unprofessional people.

Stay away from Namecheap. They do steal domains and their service sucks. It's not worth it. Protect yourself. The posts against namecheap on here I believe, because I've experienced this first-hand.
    STAY AWAY FROM NAMECHEAP
    Goodluck.

Please give us all the details of the domain we supposedly "stole" from you.

If you are going to make these sorts of accusations you should atleast make them known.

I'm really interested to hear how we would jeopordize our entire company and reputation by "stealing" your domain name.

We can also use this Whois history tool at Whois.sc to see what the facts really are.

You wouldn't happen to be HamiltonJo's "friend" would you?
    Last edited by enetwork; 11-25-2005 at 03:39 PM.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by enetwork

You wouldn't happen to be HamiltonJo's "friend" would you?
    he no friend, just other "satisifed customer of namecheap". I sure many more

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonjo
    he no friend, just other "satisifed customer of namecheap". I sure many more
    Right, you are both on here posting within minutes of each other because of coincidence.

Regardless, this accusation won't be that difficult to dis-prove. After all, there are public records of every ownership change.

Keep them coming HamiltonJ....
    Last edited by enetwork; 11-25-2005 at 03:52 PM.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

STAY AWAY FROM NAMECHEAP
    Goodluck.
    Stop signing up just to bash NameCheap, they are an awesome company and I wouldnt use anybody else....

I don't think they are the same individual. There is a difference in syntax.

I have used namecheap for about a year now without any trouble. Their support is great. I asked a question and got answered within 30 minutes. I dont see why you are bashing namecheap except just for the heck of it.

i dont even know hamilton. the domain was gamingbid.com and it was a year ago. They accused me of "fraud". Why would i fraud an $8 domain? I offered to pay $20 for it since they accused me of frauding. This resisted. I would have paid $20 and left. I do not own the domain, they took it out of my account into theirs. Ownership change? Lmao how when you locked my account and who knows what you did what with the domain?
    You aren't abiding by legal laws, im sure your also lying on your IRS bill. I should let my friends there know about this.

This business is a scam, hope you go down soon.

gamingbid.com is not even registered currenty. Curious as to why you are just groping about this a year later?

i dont even know hamilton. the domain was gamingbid.com and it was a year ago. They accused me of "fraud". Why would i fraud an $8 domain? I offered to pay $20 for it since they accused me of frauding. This resisted. I would have paid $20 and left. I do not own the domain, they took it out of my account into theirs. Ownership change? Lmao how when you locked my account and who knows what you did what with the domain?
    You aren't abiding by legal laws, im sure your also lying on your IRS bill. I should let my friends there know about this.

This business is a scam, hope you go down soon.

Ok, now I remember you. Yes, opening three different accounts with us under different usernames and contact info is on the up and up.

Oh yes, you can also add to that the fact the we received a chargeback for the payment of the domain.

If you want to know what exactly happened to the domain after we locked all THREE of your accounts you can look it up directly in the whois history at www.Whois.sc . Here you go.

Registration Service Provided By: NameCheap.com
    Visit: http://www.namecheap.com/

Domain name: gamingbid.com

Registrant Contact:
    Fraud Department
    NameCheap.com Fraud ()
    +1.6613102107
    Fax: +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Administrative Contact:
    Fraud Department
    NameCheap.com Fraud ()
    +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Technical Contact:
    Fraud Department
    NameCheap.com Fraud ()
    +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Billing Contact:
    Fraud Department
    NameCheap.com Fraud ()
    +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Name Servers:
    dns1.name-services.com
    dns2.name-services.com
    dns3.name-services.com
    dns4.name-services.com
    dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 26 Jun 2004 20:47:06
    Expiration date: 26 Jun 2005 20:47:06

to abide by these terms.
    Version 6.3 4/3/2002

Yup, we really "stole" your "premium" domain and we wanted it so bad that it's currently free and available to register to anyone.

How about providing your REAL address so we can send a collection agency to recover the chargeback and registration fees we lost out on.
    Last edited by enetwork; 11-26-2005 at 04:51 PM.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

I have no problem with NameCheap. I love em, I have several domains registered with them no troubles.

Each domain I register will be with namecheap. People say godaddy are better, I don't honestly care about price, I care about service and satisfaction, namecheap has given me not only that, but more.

Thanks namecheap
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

i like namecheap!

a lot!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

they steal your domains ? how so ? You should've locked your domains ... Namecheap is not a bad service....except for one thing ....they never reply to any of my emails GRRRRR .... I just have to figure out things myself .... on the other hand...their control panel is a lot easier than godaddy....godaddy's control panel is ...........confusing

Quote Originally Posted by VinaGal
    they steal your domains ? how so ? You should've locked your domains ... Namecheap is not a bad service....except for one thing ....they never reply to any of my emails GRRRRR .... I just have to figure out things myself .... on the other hand...their control panel is a lot easier than godaddy....godaddy's control panel is ...........confusing
    Hello VinaGirl,

I saw on this and another thread that you were complaining about not receiving either renewal notices or responses from us. This leads me to believe that there is some filtering going on with your email address.

We send out renewal notices starting at 45 days to expiration and this process is entirely automated so there is no chance those notices are not going out.

Please PM me your email address or your username here and I will provide you with an alternative email address to reach me directly so we can run some tests and see if we can locate the problem and get it corrected for you.

In this day and age of spam filters we've been noticing this sort of thing seems to be happening more and more. Even if you don't set up these filters yourself, ISP's are now doing it on their own without notifying their clients.

We've even had a few instances of one or two major ISP's(AOL and Comcast) blocking all of enom's forwarding servers(email and url forwarding) which potentially affected 6 million plus domain names due to one fraudulent domain name running a phishing scheme. Can you imagine blocking that many domain names from resolving to their clients due to one instance of abuse and that without notifying their clients?

It has happened several times and is extremely irresponsible in my opinion.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

The OP never replied to Richard's full disclosure of the facts. This could be quite unusual, if he would be really concerned about his domain and have real need for it. But it looks like this isn't the case.

Have 2 domains with namecheap and am VERY happy about them so far.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

We've even had a few instances of one or two major ISP's(AOL and Comcast) blocking all of enom's forwarding servers(email and url forwarding) which potentially affected 6 million plus domain names due to one fraudulent domain name running a phishing scheme. Can you imagine blocking that many domain names from resolving to their clients due to one instance of abuse and that without notifying their clients?
    Yes I remember this well

Domain Maven

It has happened several times and is extremely irresponsible in my opinion.
    Can't agree more. We must fight spam by whatever means we have, but this seems to me like reaking a butterfly on the wheel breik...

I've learned that you get what you pay for, and even when you pay for it (ie at joker.com) sometimes the service and support in replies, phone numbers of customer service reps is horrible.

So, other than domainnamesystems.com who's got rocking support for clients? List them please...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanIM
    So, other than domainnamesystems.com who's got rocking support for clients? List them please...
    Well:

1. namecheap.com (yes!!!)
    2. moniker.com
    3. networksolutions.com
    4. register.com

I think the list is quite long for you to pick the company you'll trust your domains. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanIM
    I've learned that you get what you pay for, and even when you pay for it (ie at joker.com) sometimes the service and support in replies, phone numbers of customer service reps is horrible.

Thanks
    I've honestly had the best support from namecheap!