Thumbs down OLM - No support here!!!

I have been trying to set up a clients website at OLM (their choice not mine) and it has been a nightmare. Here are the reasons:

1 - support is virtually inexistant - I have been constantly submitting tickets and have yet to receive a usefull response, my first ticket was open 72hrs ago and no solution. In other words our trouble does not concern them. Not good.

2 - MySql is soooooo sloooooow that I cant even run phpMyAdmin, it will always time-out before completing a task. And again support has done nothing to fix this.

3 - The FAQ and the on-site support is terrible, no usefull information.

4 - 24/7-anytime support??? well they say it is part of the service but as I have already mentioned it is not so.

5 - You receive so many different URLs (there is one for support, another for admin panel, another for billing etc...) that you don't really know who you are dealing with. Is it OLM.com or is it axxs.net or is it support-central.net ... who am I dealing with anyway???

Bottom line is that I (with over ten yrs web experience) have never seen such terrible service and support than I am seeing at OLM today. I am trying to convince my client to move from OLM asap. If things start this poorly what can we expect in the future.

I have been at HostForWeb for 2 years now, they have the best support and a commited staff.

Well, I am sorry to hear this zeca. Best of luck with getting things sorted.
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

csilkman,

Thank you for your attention. I have received replies to both my tickets and from the message I had left with the sales chat. All of the issues have been fixed and the server is up an running as should be.

As i am sure that you are well aware, in todays hosting market reliable support is one of the most important issues. I was very supprised with the trouble we experienced. I guess it had to do with the holiday or just bad luck. Anyway the site is up and running, and our client is happy...so I guess in the short-long run all is OK.

However I personally will only be 100% convinced the next time I need support.

Cheers

Glad to hear your issue was resolved

Quote Originally Posted by zeca40
    csilkman,
    However I personally will only be 100% convinced the next time I need support.

Cheers

Well thats understandable. Glad it was sorted quickly for you. I do know OLM has been around a LONG time!!
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Just in case anyone thought this was a one-off.... it wasn't.

We too have been waiting for more than 24 hours for a response. We even have the ticket on 'High' priority, and have forwarded to their so-called 'Quality Control'.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

Quote Originally Posted by JenniH
    Just in case anyone thought this was a one-off.... it wasn't.

We too have been waiting for more than 24 hours for a response. We even have the ticket on 'High' priority, and have forwarded to their so-called 'Quality Control'.
    Hi - I sent an email reply directly to you on this as well"

"I monitor Web Hosting Talk daily for quality assurance. When customers aren't happy, I want to know about it and take care of the problem immediately. So I appreciate your email. I have a Tech working on it right now.

It appears what happened was somehow the timestamps on your ticket didn't correspond to what we see, therefore the delay. We had someone fix the problem so it shouldn't happen again. You can always call the 800# directly in the future to get an immediate response; and of course always ask for a Supervisor as well.

I believe OLM has excellent support, and when people aren't happy we do everything we can to help them out. Admittedly we are working on a new and improved support desk to make it easier for customers, and also our FAQ could use more FAQ's and that is also being addressed as we speak."

Hopefully everything well work out well. It has been awhile but I have used olm for client sites in the past and had good success with support. I had even better response with phone support which is normally a problem with providers.

I've had a site w/ecommerce via Miva Merchant on OLM for about five years and can say their support is good - responsive, etc. Overall a good experience except for a hiccup when my site was migrated to a new server.