Test your Whoisguard

I just tested my Namecheap whoisguard & sent an email to the Whoisguard email listed in my WHOIS. I received a "host not found" error. When I enter www.whoisguard.com I also get a "web host whoisguard.com is not accessible." error. This is not the first time I have had trouble sending test emails to my whoisguard address.

Hello Virginia,

We are aware of this issue and are working to correct it. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

virginia, it never work

anytime you say to monkey support they say it is problem we are working on it(many time). make sure you take it off before transfer to real registrar since you no get emails to click and approve since they whois protection is not work

On one hand, it's good to have a definite timeframe when a technical issue will be
    resolved so people can expect what's going to happen and prepare accordingly for
    it. On the other hand, technology's inherently flawed, and a glitch or 2 can make it
    take longer to fix.

It's unfortunate some people out there being promised this tech problem will be
    fixed in an hour or a day, then they start accusing you of "breaking your promise"
    if it isn't fixed by then. Most if not all providers do make efforts to fix a technical
    issue, but no one can realistically and absolutely guarantee it'll be fixed on time.

Hello Virginia,

I just wanted to let you(and anyone else affected) know that as of yesterday afternoon the WhoisGuard email forwarding feature has been fixed and is working properly.

Please let us know if you have any further issues with this. Thank you very much for your patience in this matter and we apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

If it's anything like the whois proxy service RegisterFly (enom provided?) then don't rely on the email to be forwarded reliably, or at all.

On the other hand, the 1&1 whois privacy service has been flawless from the start.