Angry ANOTHER paypal rant

Hey,
    I really don't like to complain but PP are really getting on my nerves.

My account with paypal has been limited for over 3 months now and they still haven't got the problem sorted.

I had two problems, one they were verifying it because I received over X amount to ensure it wasn't fraud and two, to verify my business bank account.

I have talked to managers over 5 times now and every time I have been told it will be resolved within 24 hours.

Just talked to another one because I haven't received a reply to my last 3 emails, he told me my emails weren't even coming through

So now he is going to wait for another email I sent today to come through and phone me back tomorrow.

He also gave me a direct number and email address to get this resolved but I'm really not happen it has taken even this long.

I have lost a lot of business because of it and I have also had problems trying to get payments to people that only accept PP.

Lets hope google does come out with an alternative...
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

So, why are you having problems verifying your account? It's been a few years since I did that, before eBay owned them, but it was as simple as copying two deposit amounts from my bank statement into a webpage. What has turned that into a 3 month process for you and why is it PayPal's fault?

It's hard to sympathize with you when you don't give any details on the situation
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman
    So, why are you having problems verifying your account? It's been a few years since I did that, before eBay owned them, but it was as simple as copying two deposit amounts from my bank statement into a webpage. What has turned that into a 3 month process for you and why is it PayPal's fault?

It's hard to sympathize with you when you don't give any details on the situation
    I wonder about that too, I didnt have any problems with verifying but nonetheless good luck getting your account working.

There script, sometimes gets bugged. For example i encounted a similar problem when my account was limited. I should do 5 things.
    1. Add/confirm Credit Card.
    2. Add/conform Bank Account.
    3. Change pass
    4. Change questions.
    5. Confirm Location.

Well, after i did completed frist 4 steps, the script bugged itself. When i was clicking confirm location instead of getting a phone call or getting mailed with the code number the site was taking me to the Add/confirm Credit Card procedure again! So obviously i were getting smth like : this card is already registered on your account etc. It was basically a dead loop! Had to whine on the phone to paypal rep so they could manualy mail me that letter...

So i think, that John D got a similar problem, not saying same as me, but smth similar cause of a bugged script. Best way to solve this kinda stuff is to call. Mail support is overloaded and mostly will result with an automated or copy/paste reply.

The story is too long to go through here but paypal has a lot of problems on their side, both communication and programming.

I don't know how many problems their scripting has, they couldn't even call up my account numerous times and told me to email them back the next day, which then took another 24 hours minimum to get a reply with the exact same message.

Then they couldn't change my details and said their system had a "few" problems and they would have to get back to me.
    I don't know how many times I was told that and every time I had to phone or email them and it still wasn't solved.

Then I was told my account was now fully functional (3 times) but it still wasn't working.
    They said there was some details they couldn't get so had to be re-entered.

I went round in circles for about 2 months, I left it for a few weeks and tried again.

I spoke with managers of the limitation area and they knew less about the system than I did.

Near enough every email I did get a reply to had a copy/paste which never answered the actual questions.

When I spoke to them on the phone I was told I had to email everything I said on the phone, then when I did email it they said I will have to tell them it over the phone for verification

I did get an email from one of the managers today like I was told yesterday, but he told me it will take up to 30 days for a review

They have got to be kidding, I have been told for over 2 months that I will be resolved within 24 hours.

I know I'm not the only one that has so many problems with them and they really need to get their act together, especially with the amount they are making on fees.
    John Diver

I agree tbh on the fee part... Those fees add up so much that it is not even funny ! I understand that there are processing fees and the 2.9% +$0.3 fee is quity good. But, why on earth they charge same fee for p2p transfers on premium and business accounts ? If the money are already in the PayPal system, this means there was already processing discount applied to them, yet again they apply same fee for direct paypal to paypal transfers LOL ! For the insane amounts they get from this, they could afford abit better support IMO !

Quote Originally Posted by gngonline
    I agree tbh on the fee part... Those fees add up so much that it is not even funny ! I understand that there are processing fees and the 2.9% +$0.3 fee is quity good. But, why on earth they charge same fee for p2p transfers on premium and business accounts ? If the money are already in the PayPal system, this means there was already processing discount applied to them, yet again they apply same fee for direct paypal to paypal transfers LOL ! For the insane amounts they get from this, they could afford abit better support IMO !
    Those fees are what make them profitable at 2.2-2.9% instead of the 4-9% other 3rd party processors charge, while still having to deal with all the issues that come with being a 3rd party processor for 80 million people.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

You are right Dan, but I find there should be at least a difference in fees with personal account.. they keep earning with you as non-personal...

A little note about the 80 million people.. I saw that on their site too.. but they aren't telling how much active ones :-) you know like me before every customer who had to pay via paypal needed to get a Paypal account... It even could be much lower :-) A lot of paypal are used for Ebay only too :-)

Got a phone call from a manager today and he got this sorted out for me.
    Have to say I was impressed with him, it was the same manager I was talking to last week and he was the first that not only gave me a predefined reply, but actually looked into the problem and got it solved himself.

Still not too happy that it took so long to get it sorted when all it needed was a time of time from someone that actually wanted to help rather than just sending a message that didn't even answer any questions.

Really hoping I don't have to use their support again.
    John Diver