Question Transfer MySQL Without A Control Panel

I am currently trying to transfer a website from a server with WHM/Cpanel to a server that doesn't have any control panel at all. I have transferred the files with SSH, but I am not sure how I can transfer the MySQL databases. I found the MySQL files on the old server and used wget to send them to the new server, but how can I connect to them?

I put the files in /home/mysql/site_user with root access, not sure if this is correct though.

Use mysqldump at the source server and then load that dump on the target server using somthing like

mysql -u username -p password < dumpdile.sql

Will that create the username and password for me?

No actually those are the mysql root credentials that you should put there because you have root access.

Take a look at the following
    http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Bac...ySQL-Database/

mysqldump is the best way, however use /var/lib/mysql or just create the cpanel backup and then untar it, and move the mysql data files to /var/lib/mysql, but since its too one of our servers I will do it for you
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]