Registered .com, .net, .org. Should I register any others?

I know a lot of high profile sites register <companyname>.com, <companyname>.net etc to protect their website.

I've registered my site's name under .com, .net and .org. Should I bother with any of the other available suffixes?

Your own country's (which would be .nz in your case)

If you have a few dollars to spare, go with every gTLD, incl. .biz and .info, but actually that is not necessary. I agree that your own ccTLD would be more helpful indeed. To be honest, I don't see much value in getting .net and .org, as long as you have the .com.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

I originally bought .com .net and .org, but then only renewed .com and .net.

If you have those two (or at least .com), you're good. If someone decides to get .org or .info or whatever, it's not like it will reall affect your business as you have the main ones.

And if it does, you can take legal action if your company is trademarked.

For my own sites I always register all TLD's (if available) plus my own ccTLD. That at least ensures you that not many other sites will be operating under your name. It's only a few dollars per TLD so it's not that expensive.
    Chat4all IRC Network: www.chat4all.org

com net org info biz yourcountry name would be nice IMO

if you have the money and domain addict get whatever you see in your way hehe
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi