Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warning: Robert Norton from sophmedia.com user interactive

Robert Norton, known as interactive here on the forums, and apparently owner of "SophMedia LLC" is not someone to do business with in regards to PHP / MySQL work. Email / PayPal address: robert@iseekweb.com

He will request a deposit for his php / mysql work and take your money and run, such was my case. PayPal approved my refund request, but by then Robert obvisiouly widthdrew all the money and most likely created a new account. I can't even tell you that Robert even knows how to code anything.

I just wanted to make you all aware so you do not get burned as well.

More Details Here:
    http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1412/details1zc.jpg

question -if he withdrew all the money -did paypal still give you money back or are you out of gas??
    Maurice W. Evans, Best-selling author & Marketing Consultant
    Powernality™ Certified Master Trainer | Meta Certified Community Manager
    Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach (Jay Conrad Levinson) | Certified John C. Maxwell Leadership Team

If there is no money in their account, you don't get anything. If there is partial money in the account, you get that.

If there is no money or a little, PayPal will limit the account and disallow use of it until he deposits the amount owed to you. Once he does, PayPal gives it to you, and unlimits his account.

so if he abandoned the account then your out -i always wondered how the scammers got away all the time.

that sucks -sorry to hear -- if you retain an attorney - paypal will release all info on the person and y ou can take other legal action
    Maurice W. Evans, Best-selling author & Marketing Consultant
    Powernality™ Certified Master Trainer | Meta Certified Community Manager
    Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach (Jay Conrad Levinson) | Certified John C. Maxwell Leadership Team

Quote Originally Posted by igrowyourbiz
    so if he abandoned the account then your out -i always wondered how the scammers got away all the time.

that sucks -sorry to hear -- if you retain an attorney - paypal will release all info on the person and y ou can take other legal action
    All over $50.00?

The attorney fees will be a lot larger.

Yah, it's not really cost feesable, but thanks anyway.

Just to add a little update, he is now trying to claim he has sent me about 50 emails about the job, yet they are nowhere to be found. I use gmail and there is nothing in the spam/junk mail box or anything as I check them all the time. I always get every email sent to me, but somehow his magically never show up.

Doesn't explain why he never responded to PayPal though, or why he hasn't reinstated the PayPal account after PayPal has limited it.

I've used Robert to make me a news script, he claimed he could do the work in 2 weeks... I was quoted $400 and paid $80 up front.. that was well over 3 months ago and the rest of the story doesn't exactly make me smile.

I've had nothing but serious verbal abuse form the guy via skype. He shouts at me, then repeats things over and over like some 3 year old child taking a tantrum. When you call him, he claims you are harrassing him and takes the huff. Personally, when I make a phone call and I get no answer, I think it's only common sense that you're going to think about trying again later. But apparently this is harrassment.

He's refusing point blank to give a refund, he's also made threats to register the exact same domain name as I was using for the product, only he was going to add a '2' at the end (ie domain2.com) and sell it himself which means he'd be breaking his own contract.

Not only that, but the guy finds it impossible to email you simple things like a username and password for the so-called 'test area'. It's taken him (to date) a week to email me.

This CoishAssociates guy is right on the money.. Don't trust Robert.. it's nothing but a headache to get involved.

What's worse is I was refered to him by a good friend which has been waiting now for 4 and a half months for something he was told would take 3 weeks. And he's still got nothing from him.

So yes.. be WARNED!

NOTE: WHT Staff, please do not take action against this post. This is for information purposes and everything in my post is true, and can be proved. I have recorded conversations with the programmer screaming at me as evidence along with chatlogs, contracts and emails.
    WKD Banners | Make the most of your advertising!
    Designing banners since 2004 | Visit our Website www.wkdbanners.com

Same here. Got scammed.

Moved to the Lounge
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

same here. i will start calling him again tonight at 4am

I can resist everything but temptation - Oscar Wilde
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

between me and the bloke just above, Miss Robert Norton made off with about $500 of our money. Now, I can't speak for the bloke just above, but I actually feel sorry for the little girly guy. Having to steal is no way of a life for anyone. I don't want my money back, I pitty him VERY much, needing to steep so low to get money. Poor little girl.
    WKD Banners | Make the most of your advertising!
    Designing banners since 2004 | Visit our Website www.wkdbanners.com

can a mod please ban interactive

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by lochie
    between me and the bloke just above, Miss Robert Norton made off with about $500 of our money. Now, I can't speak for the bloke just above, but I actually feel sorry for the little girly guy. Having to steal is no way of a life for anyone. I don't want my money back, I pitty him VERY much, needing to steep so low to get money. Poor little girl.

I've contacted Mark L, but for everyone's reference, Lochie isn't telling the exact story. I'm not here for the typical WebHostingTalk blow up, but I do want to make it appearant that this is the same guy who would harressingly call me at 3AM in the morning 30-40 times (internationally) because my pricing for a side project wasn't to his liking.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza The Greek
    can a mod please ban interactive
    Bazza, have you done business with interactive? I just want to understand the basis for your request since your post previous to the quoted one was a bit vague in this regard. Thank you.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

what about me robert?

I gave you hundreds of chances to complete a project. I think I have been as fair as anyone. I have since had the work carried out by another programer and guess what, he has done it in the time agreed.

Like lochie, I do not want my money back, u can keep it. The point is that you advertised your services based on the fact that you had such a high post count on WHT, and now its clear that many people feel otherwise.

what about me robert?

I gave you hundreds of chances to complete a project. I think I have been as fair as anyone. I have since had the work carried out by another programer and guess what, he has done it in the time agreed.

Like lochie, I do not want my money back, u can keep it. The point is that you advertised your services based on the fact that you had such a high post count on WHT, and now its clear that many people feel otherwise.
    Like I said, I'm not apt to the usual WHT blowup (I've been here long enough that I've seen it happen all to many times). You're welcome to give me a call (not at 4AM though) as well as anyone else. You above anyone else are well aware that you are not representing both sides of the story.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

i dont really see what the point of calling you is. I dont need your services anymore and you have already got my money. All i want is for you to be banned so that nobody else does this.

And dont give me all this BS about the whole story. there are many people that have been ripped off by you. Or are you telling me that they have all been miss representing their side?

CoishAssociates, Lochie, Mark L, myself and i remember seeing another thread on this forum but I cannot seem to find it. Are all of us not telling the full story?

Are you still offering PHP programing services?

Mark L, did you use him recently or a long time ago?

Just incase you think I am not telling the whole story Robert, i hired you in Augest last year and well thats all i need to say really.

i dont really see what the point of calling you is. I dont need your services anymore and you have already got my money. All i want is for you to be banned so that nobody else does this.
    You stated you were planning on calling me at 4AM just a few posts back. Like I said, you're more than welcome to. It's not like I avoid your calls or your e-mails (unless of course they're repetitive 4AM in the morning).

And dont give me all this BS about the whole story. there are many people that have been ripped off by you. Or are you telling me that they have all been miss representing their side?
    You're well aware there's another side. I'm working on resolving the issue with Mark L and that's nothing to concern this thread (as it is something totally seperate), however the issue with you and Liam (who I might add for the general public is this gentlements friend/associate). It is quiet clear from your remarks that you're not out to resolve the issue for you or anyone else but instead out to slander. Do you want to add the rest of the story for Liam where he was compensated with "side work" on other projects. The only appearant reason that I know Liam could be upset for is the fact that I raised my prices with him - anyone would be upset for having to pay more even though they were receiving more services (because of the fact I had to compensate for his numerous phone calls and the times to which the projects were dragged out for no appearanty reason).

Your project was not completed, you're correct, nor were you refunded. Why's that? Because you refused a refund - again adding to the fact that you're out to slander and not resolve the issue, and also because you were trying to force me into assisting in your e-bay scams (by falsy bidding on your items listed).

CoishAssociates, Lochie, Mark L, myself and i remember seeing another thread on this forum but I cannot seem to find it. Are all of us not telling the full story?

Are you still offering PHP programing services?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Wow that really sucks... I posted a little request on WHT a few weeks about about a PHP project also. I got a really good guy Doug from jdkcentral.com. He did the work, then we paid him afterwards with a check.

I don't like paying people first via paypal, as things like this happen all the time. I hope you can eventually get your money back.. contact your CC company?
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

I only refused the refund now because I have more chance of winning the lotto 3 times in a row.

Slander as I am sure you know is when you say something that is not true about someone. As a law student you should know that the term you are looking for is not slander but liable. And that is only the case if its not true. You have accepted that you have not done the work, and 3 other people have made a complaint.

The reason I posted was because you seem to have re designed your site and are looking to start up again (from what I can see). Are our testimonials going to be listed upon your site or not?

FYI, we're not banning anyone who is openly engaging his complainants with the intent of resolving the issue. Refusing to pursue reasonable resolution means losing the right to complain about it.

Refusing a refund doesn't mean you've now purchased the right to get someone banned. Let's work toward a resolution here. I don't know about anyone else, but from my standpoint, an offer for a full refund on a project that wasn't completed sounds like a very reasonable way to bring closure to an issue.

If there's something I'm missing, please give more information. You asked for moderator involvement, and here we are. Let's get this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorHost
    Wow that really sucks... I posted a little request on WHT a few weeks about about a PHP project also. I got a really good guy Doug from jdkcentral.com. He did the work, then we paid him afterwards with a check.

I don't like paying people first via paypal, as things like this happen all the time. I hope you can eventually get your money back.. contact your CC company?
    What I have started doing now is use an escrow services wither from escrow.com or is you use a freelance site they usually offer an escrow service.

On a side nore PM, i didnt refuse anything. I just said that I was not looking for a refund. If he can provide me with the completed work or a full refund then he will be forgiven in my eyes. But at present, i have given the money and not recieved anything.

And you do ignore my emails robert, as i emailed you on the last deadline after i "tricked" you into thinking i was someone else. Remember that? I made an email addy and asked you for a script, and guess what, i got a reply only hours after. yet when i had tried from my known account, nothing. You also never emailed me like agreed with the work.

Robert, PM me what number i should call you on and maybe this can be solved off the forums. i have tried calling the 4 numbers i had for you yet 3 are not in service and the other is your VoiceMail

I only refused the refund now because I have more chance of winning the lotto 3 times in a row.
    You refused the refund back 12 months ago also.

Slander as I am sure you know is when you say something that is not true about someone. As a law student you should know that the term you are looking for is not slander but liable. And that is only the case if its not true. You have accepted that you have not done the work, and 3 other people have made a complaint.
    You are well aware that what you are stating is a half truth, which is to be considered a lie at this point, and thus untrue - slander.

The word you are trying to reference is libel, which is basically slander in the textual form, so you're half correct.

Your statement is intended to defame and thus is slander (and libel).

The reason I posted was because you seem to have re designed your site and are looking to start up again (from what I can see). Are our testimonials going to be listed upon your site or not?
    I've redesigned the site fairly recently correct for a number of reasons. I never "stopped", so I'm not sure where I would be looking to "start up again".

Your cynicism is duly appreciated.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast