Question Domain in redemption, can you (if so, how) buy/get it?

There is a .com domain name is redemption that I really like. I checked on whofree and found that the domain will drop towards the end of December. I was curious if you could get that domain registered (or buy it somehow) while it's in redemption. I am afraid of someone getting it before me, if there is a way. Thanks!

The last sponsoring registrar can actually redeem the domain name on behalf of
    whoever requested it. But they'll restore the domain name to its last registered
    account, and won't put it in another.

I believe only the existing registrant can redeem the name. Try backordering the name with Snapnames or any other company that provides a similar service

Quote Originally Posted by Infoloud
    I believe only the existing registrant can redeem the name.
    Right. It's just that "anyone" can claim to represent the registrant, so it's up to the
    registrar how they'll approach the one asking to redeem the domain name.

Quote Originally Posted by Infoloud
    I believe only the existing registrant can redeem the name. Try backordering the name with Snapnames or any other company that provides a similar service

This is good advice snap helped me out (well my client anyhow).
    Read Tabloids - Warning Experimental.

Quote Originally Posted by davezan
    Right. It's just that "anyone" can claim to represent the registrant, so it's up to the
    registrar how they'll approach the one asking to redeem the domain name.
    dont teach ppl how to hijack
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi