Anyone know anything about Ion Hosting? It seems they've vanished! Grr.

Anyone know what is going on with them? Their website is gone and I can't FTP anything there. I see their banner is still on this page! They got pretty good reviews when I did research on them. I just signed on with them last week!

Yeah, it looks like they are down. :-/

Seems like their DNS is timing out: http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup...ing.com&type=A

I recognize the IP address, looks like it belong to The Planet: http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....whois.radb.net

Can't use the IP address to access HTTP. Strange...

Thread moved to Providers and Network Outages and Updates.

Man this is so annoying. They've been down all day and I've gotten no emails, no returned calls, and their website is gone. This is my first experience using a host and I thought I had done enough research before choosing them.

lots of choice out there today -- this kind of stuff should not happen

I agree there are many choices out there today. Hardware failures are beyond anyone's control. Your ability to recover and deal with the problem in a timely manner is what makes you a good company. We've had customers commend us and a few even upgrade their plans because they were so happy we dealt with this issue so professionally and promptly. We fully communicated with all of our corporate clients giving them status updates every hour even through the Thanksgiving Holiday on the server recovery.

Nothing like this should happen, but like they say, "**** happens". When it does, would you like your hosting company to just throw a mass email excuse at you and take weeks to resolve the issue, or would you prefer to have them give you a live personalized account manager to speak with regarding the issue every step of the recovery and promply resolve the problem? I think we all know the answer to that question.