Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Server4You Bailed?

Seems like the whole S4Y network is out. I can't ping nor resolve my hosts. Main S4Y site is not responding either. Anyone knows whats going on?
      0 Not allowed!

when I call sales, it sales due to a large volume of calls, they cant take any more nad send me to a message machine, but it wont take messages
      0 Not allowed!

Some of the international sites are up. But, indeed the s4u main site is down.
      0 Not allowed!

Which sites are up? I just want to know if they are on the same network as the rest....
      0 Not allowed!

.de is up. Google them and see if you can find more international sites.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh i see, you mean those international sites. I thought you meant customer's int sites.

Still down btw.
      0 Not allowed!

Server4You Bailed?

Server4You network went down about 20 minutes ago. No network, no website, no nothing. And they're not answering their phones...
      0 Not allowed!

server4you.com ?

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport...server4you.com

It shows fine from there, but I cannot reach server4you.com
      0 Not allowed!

how come they kept swsofts website up though?

http://www.sw-soft.com/

i thought it was on the same network or at least it used to be
      0 Not allowed!

loads fine here in uk
      0 Not allowed!

Down

Yes, they have been down for quite some time. No answer from them. I hope they've not gone bust and run away in the night.

This kind of downtime and no phone support, notification emails sent, nothing.... totally unprofessional.
      0 Not allowed!

oh i guess there back up and running now, they told me in a chat window

Steven Thomson: Hello. How may I assist you?
    gilbert: hey quick do you know what just happened to the network?
    Steven Thomson: it was a dos attack which was fixed already...
    gilbert: do you know on which part of the network?
    Steven Thomson: I have no idea....I just had a "fixed" message and that was it
    gilbert: ok thankyou
    Steven Thomson: np
    gilbert: have good rest of your shift hope stuff like this doesnt happen again
    Steven Thomson: you'r welcome
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ex0034
    Yes, they have been down for quite some time. No answer from them. I hope they've not gone bust and run away in the night.

This kind of downtime and no phone support, notification emails sent, nothing.... totally unprofessional.

maybe you missed it but i can access the site fine, maybe its a problem on your end, have you done a tracert to find out if its a problem with the route your taking to get there?
      0 Not allowed!

Okay, S4U is now back up but running very very slowly. Very <edit>very very very</edit> slowly indeed (hit and miss).

I hope they put some proper emergency support in place for the next time. At least an answering machine message telling us what's going on and and ETA.
      0 Not allowed!

Confirmed. They were definitely down for quite some time there. Had somone tell me around an hour and a half ago that mine was down.

Also confirmed - Definitely up and running again, but extremely slow.

So since server4you is one of the 99.999% uptime places that means we're well over 5 minutes of downtime. Do we get something special? I want a free month or two.
      0 Not allowed!

"I want a free month or two."

lmao.
      0 Not allowed!

Still very slow there by the way.....
      0 Not allowed!

Luckily it was just 1 server on that network. We're packing it up now and moving it to one of the other networks I use.

Looks like it was a router issue? Was told the route was not getting past New York. None the less, "do it once, shame on you - do it twice..shame on me"
      0 Not allowed!

Just got word from them that it was a DOS attack, the source of which they have identified.

Surprised by that explaination as there was absolutely no response (not even the hit and miss or extreme delay you normally get with DOS). Unless of course they pulled the plug and cut the whole network off because of DOS against one machine there?????
      0 Not allowed!

I made a couple of posts about this in my log (one, two).

If you don't read those you should at least hear the call one guy made to s4y. I think that's what a lot of us were experiencing.
      0 Not allowed!

server4you down dec 12 - 1800 CST

Looks like server4you is down.. again. more problems? just offline for fun? DoS attack again? who knows!?

anybody else notice or have info?
      0 Not allowed!

No access in UK

Looks like their entire network is down. I can't get to any of my servers or any of theirs from within the UK.
      0 Not allowed!

Unbelievable! Their whole network is down and they have been pretty stable in the last 2 years that I have been with them. ddos attacks now and then but nothing major of this magnitude.

I would like to know the root cause of the downtime also...
      0 Not allowed!

this should be in the providers downtime forum, not dedicated servers... mods?
      0 Not allowed!

yes, the entire network, including the server4you.com site and all control panel sites are down. and, of course, there is absolutely no way to reach them because they don't answer the phone. very very poor service in 2005.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast