Question for the admins

Please know I mean this next sentance in a good way

How in the world did this site become so popular? No other board I visit has at least 200 people visiting it regularly/daily. I'd love to get that kind of traffic and talk going on at my sites ...

What's the best way to drive traffic to an established, or new board? We used to ha ve a great little community on my board, but sadly for one reason or another people just stopped posting and migrated to other places. People still post on occasion, but no where near what it used to be.....I miss the daily chat on the board, heh.

Any ideas? How much is advertising here?
    Check out Twelveoclock.net. And please check out our forums for fun Animation/Technology talk

I'm guessing because iNet has money to advertise and was already an established brand name before WHT even existed. Yes....all those years ago, (just after the wheel was invented I believe)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

There a link on the bottom of the site - http://www.inetinteractive.com/adver...webhostingtalk but it doesn't mention prices. Would be somewhat interesting tho to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil V
    Please know I mean this next sentance in a good way

How in the world did this site become so popular? No other board I visit has at least 200 people visiting it regularly/daily. I'd love to get that kind of traffic and talk going on at my sites ...

What's the best way to drive traffic to an established, or new board? We used to ha ve a great little community on my board, but sadly for one reason or another people just stopped posting and migrated to other places. People still post on occasion, but no where near what it used to be.....I miss the daily chat on the board, heh.

Any ideas? How much is advertising here?
    It got popular after I signed up, you should have seen it. It literally blew up w/ so many people visiting the site once they heard I signed up for WHT

Good advertising, good google rank and so much visitor that there is action. New posts everyday=new visitor=new posts etc.